short notice trips

jagec

I thought it'd be great to have a thread where people can get together at short notice. If you're as keen as I think you are, RDOs, sickies, wife's outta towns, etc. are all good reasons to head out ASAP. This often leaves you short handed cos your mates aren't 'sick' too. So shout out for a 'short notice mate' here.
Short notice trips won't have much back and forward banter, so the thread can continue and work off the 'last update'. From my experience on other sites, this topic gets a lot of movement, so give it a go!
Happy cruising.

jagec

I'm always up for a cruise on a Wed or Thurs if anyone else is free mid week. I only need short notice.

jagec

Is anyone heading out this Sunday 20th October? I was heading out to Wombat but my mates truck isn't doing too well. Anyone want to explore Wombat or got something better to offer?

shinysideUP

4x4 Earth Contributer
I'm always up for a cruise on a Wed or Thurs if anyone else is free mid week. I only need short notice.

Once work slows down Wednesday or Thursday works for me. Will keep an eye out.
Maybe this thread should become a sticky.

Shep

Great idea, I just posted in general discussion asking if anyone was heading out to the Otways this weekend

jagec

Hey Shep,
I haven't done around the Otways before, have you? If so, I'm happy to tag along with you. If you haven't, would you be happy to cruise around Wombat? I was thinking Sunday. Others are welcome.

Shep

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner Jagec.
I would consider going up to Wombat, (i'm in Geelong). Although I try and stick to tracks around the area as the Hilux really is a pig on the open road.
It would also be worth asking me during the week. I've been casual for the last 7 years and work most weekends and it's usually during the week I get time off.
I know the area reasonably well but not like the back of my hand. I'm no expert though. My philosophy is that there is safety in numbers

Last edited:

jagec

Hey Shep, I'm free every Tues and Wed, so message me if you get some free time. I'm always keen. I'm over in Mordialloc, so it's a bit of a hike to Wombat for me too but I like it there. I have bearing issues to deal with this week but maybe next week if you're free. Cheers!

Shep

If I know what I'm doing 3 days ahead of time I consider myself lucky. I will send you a message on Monday and let you know what I'm up to.
Wombat doesn't look that far.

Last edited:

Blue Rangie

sunday 27 10 2013 day trip warburton

fellars last minute trip heading out tommorow sunday 27 th warburton meeting on maroondah hwy just past lilydale before the warburton hwy turn off 8.30 am have alook around see whats up there and open welcome to tag along ......

steve blue rangie

jack48

Plenty of tracks to choose from, but choose wisely as most tracks are very very wet, get a map and explore, are you thinking easy, medium or extreme ? They are all there.

Blue Rangie

Plenty of tracks to choose from, but choose wisely as most tracks are very very wet, get a map and explore, are you thinking easy, medium or extreme ? They are all there.

you could come outthere and show us the local tracks since youre up that way

jack48

Have something on in the morning, could join you when I finish the job, PM me a phone no. and the UHF channel you will be on.

mudmkr

Hell yeah, mate Im busy like most people and for instance Im ready for friday.I work a crappy roaster and dont need to plan a day trip.My lux is set up to go.(in case of a nuclear drop) really.lol

dadomago

VIC - tuesday 5 nov day trip

Hi there,
I know this is a very short notice, but It is worth to try.
Is there anyone who is (working on monday like me) keen to head out for a day trip on tuesday 5th nov?
Hope to receive lots of posts! don't be shy!