Sheepyard Flat – 9th Annual Victorian Gathering

tennismark

Quick question, has my registration gone through? Haven't seen my name to the list as yet..Not panicking.....much!!!!!

BeardMoto

Just registed for this- my first 4x4 earth trip!
Fingers crossed i make the list, and im looking forward to it already!

Ps. If anyone else is planning on driving uo friday evening after work (i'll be good to leave eastern suburbs by about 5pm), please let me know. Othetwise ill be relying on maps, on my own, to get there
Cheers,
Liam

Last edited:

knot_gillty

Tentative for us but looking likely!

Question. I've seen that caravans can get in there but will a 22' offroad (read tall as buggery) van get in?

And one to Grumpy. You taking yours in and how big is that??
Cheers

Blk120

Tentative for us but looking likely!

Question. I've seen that caravans can get in there but will a 22' offroad (read tall as buggery) van get in?

And one to Grumpy. You taking yours in and how big is that??
Cheers
I'd guess that you can mate... when would you be heading up? Dale and I will be going early Thursday

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
Unfortunately, the way my roster works I won't be sure of anything until mid October, but I have everything crossed.
Well it's mid October and my roster is up, but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this happen.

I was really looking forward to it too.

coolumbla

Looking better for me
Only have to do3 out of the 6 day meeting before hand
May even make it on Friday
Now just need to find out if my car is fixed
Hard to do that from Ireland!!!!
Yobboford what day are you leaving home?

knot_gillty

I'd guess that you can mate... when would you be heading up? Dale and I will be going early Thursday
Not sure yet Rob. If it were the weekend before I'd be heading up on the Wednesday. But its not so maybe Friday. I'll try keep you posted.

Grey Ghost

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yeah you'd be able to drive a roadtrain in there, it's just a 2wd dirt road with one or 2 tightish switch back corners but a ninja like Gilly should be right. Even tbe Grumpy Taj Mahal on wheels will be fine getting in.

yobboford

Looking better for me
Only have to do3 out of the 6 day meeting before hand
May even make it on Friday
Now just need to find out if my car is fixed
Hard to do that from Ireland!!!!
Yobboford what day are you leaving home?
Hey Shane,
I will be joining the NSW boys for the trip down but then breaking off from them on Thursday to come home and get the troops for a Friday morning departure heading straight to the camp ground. Hoping to get away from here about 9ish to get there lunch time Friday.
Let me know if you will be travelling around the same time.
Cheers, Rob.

coolumbla

Thanks rob
Will know more when I get back honme in a fortnight or so
I'll also know if my car got fixed while I've been away!

Grey Ghost

4x4 Earth Contributer
does anyone know the condition of sheepyard flats after all this rain and how high is the river ??
I'd think that as long as it doesnt6rain for a few days before hand the camping areas will be quite ok and not to soggy. I'm not aware of any flooding having happened on the Howqua river but again, I'd expect it to be back down to normal levels by the time we will be there, assuming this crap weather p1$$es off for a bit that is.

BUSHNUT

4x4 Earth Contributer
Trust. You all will have a good time ! I won't be attending as we will be in Shenzen China and up in Shanghai for about 4 days as well visiting our son Craig , his wife Natasha and of course our Grandson Elijah . It's about 10 days to go before the CBA Basketball pseason starts ., Craig will quite glad to get it underway the Shenzen Leopards are looking pretty good !
Have a safe and happy time - safe journey to all .