Servicing

Do you service your own 4x4?

• Total voters

lordy

took one look under the bonnet and thought:( no way let the experts do it:eek:

Last edited:

x [Heels] x

Hehe, i could do it myself as i know how to (I worked as a mechanic assistant for a year) but he has to do it, because i don't like getting my nails dirty!!!!

Pure Yobbo

Have to say I do the intermidiate services and get the 10 000km ones done by the mechanic. 4.2 Patrols get done every 5000km.

Once it is out of warrenty I will probably do it all myself - saves heaps of coins.

Cheers

x [Heels] x

It sure does and I don't really trust half the mechanics out there, after working in a dodgy shop once and my partner working in a few, it makes me think twice about leaving my car there....

grit

oh Heels, you just don't want any of their dirty greasy fingerprints on your pink number plate surrounds while they are adjusting the front and rear number alignment. :p

grit

I carry around a great little tool kit made from an old army ammunition case - makes for a good bench/block to un-bend control arms, etc.

does that count?

Knackers

4x4 Earth Contributer
I carry around a great little tool kit made from an old army ammunition case - makes for a good bench/block to un-bend control arms, etc.

does that count?

Hi grit, great idea. I could have used that on my last trip.

Cheers
Knackers

Grumpy

x [Heels] x;14150 said:
My Boyfriend does because his a qualified mechanic and if he didn't do it for me, i'd kill him, hehe!

AHH! so does that mean your just using the poor guy or maybe abusing him.

Tats

My truck's still under warranty, and I 've recently received a nasty, threatening letter from the mob who sold me the vehicle, new - apparently I've taken too long to get to the 20k service (about 8 months since the 10k). I replied appropriately, and will be expecting an apology in a week or two when I book in. If not, I can get vocal . . . very vocal.:mad::mad::mad:

Tats:cool:

LowLux

I do my own as well. Only go to the mechanics if there is somethin internal that needs doing because I don't have all the equipment they do.

ChallengeLee

If l had any understanding of what was under my hood l would but l bow down to those with more knowledge and understanding then me and get mine serviced.
God bless my mechanic for understanding my mechanical girl speak when somethings not sounding or feeling right....lol

Pure Yobbo

If l had any understanding of what was under my hood l would but l bow down to those with more knowledge and understanding then me and get mine serviced.
God bless my mechanic for understanding my mechanical girl speak when somethings not sounding or feeling right....lol

umm there's a rattle coming from behind the thingy - but only rattles when the watch-a-ma-call-it is moving...... :D:D:D

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
My Patrol is a 2.8 oiler. Very basic! There's not a great deal you can do to them other than follow service manual stuff. If it was a new "gadget diesel" I would have to have it done so they can plug it in to "tune" it or sumthen!! Oil, filters every 5000 and a bit of grease. Maybe a couple of stubbies too!:rolleyes: