Seriously need help

bowie911

Hey Camperman, at least it'll look tough sitting in your drive way. lol :D:D:D I hope it's all good come Monday. good to see the Earthers all giving a bit of support.:D:D

camperman2010

Well guys, i got the car back from the Mechanics, guess what ??????????... SHE STARTS woohoooooo, it was the Crank Sensor... geeezzz, after 6 months of trouble shooting and throwing my wallet at her, she's finally sorted out, as suspected, their was a hairline crack in the sensor...... Tomorrow morning will be the big test to see if she starts 1st go !..

camperman2010

I spoke to soon guys..... f%$@#kn hell, went to start it after a while to go to my brothers house 2 blocks over and it happened again, just cranking, and now its overheating and surging when on petrol... ive well and truelly had enough. back to the workshop in the morning again.......:mad::mad::mad::mad: :(:(:(

hmmm

I'd be pissed to....so many time i've heard this sort of story...got car back and still no good...I wonder if they will give you your money back...a hairline fracture my butt....did they give you the part back to check....

Seriously take it to holden....my sons friend has a Jackaroo and he had a problem with the door locking system and had quotes for up to $800 to fix it...when I finally convinced him to go to Holden they recoded it for $55 and its all sorted...there testing computers are made for their vehicles..

But over-heating suggest to me there is a bigger problem now....

Maybe look at weather you can drop a 6.2 diesel into it...you'd never have a problem again and at 11ltr's/100km fully loaded towing the queen mary you'd pay the conversion off with the fuel savings in a few years..

Cheers

camperman2010

I'd be pissed to....so many time i've heard this sort of story...got car back and still no good...I wonder if they will give you your money back...a hairline fracture my butt....did they give you the part back to check....

Seriously take it to holden....my sons friend has a Jackaroo and he had a problem with the door locking system and had quotes for up to $800 to fix it...when I finally convinced him to go to Holden they recoded it for $55 and its all sorted...there testing computers are made for their vehicles..

Maybe look at weather you can drop a 6.2 diesel into it...you'd never have a problem again and at 11ltr's/100km fully loaded towing the queen mary you'd pay the conversion off with the fuel savings in a few years..

Cheers

Yeah i did see the old Sensor and it did have a small crack near the plug. Im only getting charged for the actual parts that have been replaced and the labour time to replace them., he's not charging me while he's trying to find out the issue... The way i see it, at least i know just about everything has been replaced and that gives me a little bit of piece of mind,its just annoying not knowing whats causing the problems.Now they are looking at possible electrical problems....Im just lucky my dad is taking my daughter to school every day, if it wasnt for him,ide be really pissed off not having a car for so long.

camperman2010

Cheers

I wish i could afford a 6.2, being on a dissability pension and being a single full time parent aswell just wont allow a 20k conversion..

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I wish i could afford a 6.2, being on a dissability pension and being a single full time parent aswell just wont allow a 20k conversion..

Still watching and waiting for good results.
You will then hear the cheer go up right around 4x4 Earth.
Rooting for you mate.

Skinz Lux

A couple of ideas to try as i have had problem cars like that before, usually daewoos. Make sure all earths are good, when checking voltage put earth cable on motor. be suprised how many faults are caused by internally corroded eath cables.
Also with the idea of heating the crank sensor just boil the kettle and pour it over the sensor or down near it. Its not the first time i have fitted a crank sensor to find it faulty and fail again straight away due to a wiring isue to the sensor.
If this all fails most auto elecs will have a decent scan tool that can read live data to see what sensors are failing on cold startup. Had a statesman hard to start cold and the wiring to the maf sensor was loose and resistance was too high to start it. Pour hot water on different sensors till you find one thats faulty just dont try it on the ecu.
And also found corrosion in an ecu which caused similiar problem, remove ecu take cover off and check for any white colouring on circuit board if so buy corrosion cleaner and inhibitor and clean with tooth brush.
Hope some of these ideas help, good luck

jasonh

hey you prob have got the computer tested ok try this either go to pickapart grab another or wrap a towel or something around it to keep it warm.
my brother (ford) and my friend had a jackaroo had the same trouble in the morning or when it all cooled down from sitting awhile yes the ecm computer tested fine but the cold or just letting cool down wouldnt let it start.. it has been an interesting journey for you but once done the 4wb will be great.
iam going to pickapart very soon

camperman2010

hey you prob have got the computer tested ok try this either go to pickapart grab another or wrap a towel or something around it to keep it warm.
my brother (ford) and my friend had a jackaroo had the same trouble in the morning or when it all cooled down from sitting awhile yes the ecm computer tested fine but the cold or just letting cool down wouldnt let it start.. it has been an interesting journey for you but once done the 4wb will be great.
iam going to pickapart very soon

The ECU and PCM where changed over with another one from the mechanics mates car, still the same.

camperman2010

A couple of ideas to try as i have had problem cars like that before, usually daewoos. Make sure all earths are good, when checking voltage put earth cable on motor. be suprised how many faults are caused by internally corroded eath cables.
Also with the idea of heating the crank sensor just boil the kettle and pour it over the sensor or down near it. Its not the first time i have fitted a crank sensor to find it faulty and fail again straight away due to a wiring isue to the sensor.
If this all fails most auto elecs will have a decent scan tool that can read live data to see what sensors are failing on cold startup. Had a statesman hard to start cold and the wiring to the maf sensor was loose and resistance was too high to start it. Pour hot water on different sensors till you find one thats faulty just dont try it on the ecu.
And also found corrosion in an ecu which caused similiar problem, remove ecu take cover off and check for any white colouring on circuit board if so buy corrosion cleaner and inhibitor and clean with tooth brush.
Hope some of these ideas help, good luck

The car is at the Mechanics, they have all the Diagnostic tools..ECU was changed over with another one.Earth strap was checked. Trust me, my mechanic has tried everything under the sun...Its goto be something very stupid or a 10cent part...
I'll say it again, my does NOT have a MAF as it is running lpg.

Last edited:

camperman2010

Note :

Please read all comments before making posts as alot of pll are suggesting replacing what has been already replaced and checking what has been already checked.Im sorry, but i feel like a tape recorder repeating myself answering ideas that have already been answered..