Seriously need help

camperman2010

Ok guys, bit more of an update.I went and seen another Mechanic who done a simple test and showed something that could very well be the issue.
He done a Fuel Pressure test and it showed 3 Bar ( approx 45 psi ) and within 10 minutes the gauge was showing loss of pressure, down to 1/2 bar in 15 minutes which indicated leaking Injectors.So he repeated the test by starting the car to build up pressure again then shut it off. It Still was loosing pressure.So he perfomed another test, drained all fuel from the lines,pulled the spark leads out and wound her over so no fuel was in cylinders,put plugs back in, pressurised the lines again, and started 1st pop,So it seems to be Leaking Injectors.
I noticed that if i dont start the car for a couple of days, it will start straight up with no issues which would make sense about leaking injectors,giving 2 days of no start would allow the fuel to evaporate in the cylinders hence easy start up, so im getting new injectors fitted on monday.Im not going to jump the gun this time :p and say its fixed until at least 2 weeks after driving with new injectors lol.
Yes i did get my injectors serviced, but as i was informed, if the " pintal " is buggered inside,a service wount fix that, and yes, the Mechanic who ripped me off should of done a leak test while the injectors where serviced on the bench ( this is a whole another story )..

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Fingers crossed for you mate, there won't be anything that you wont know about that car before you finish so I guess there is a bright side to this - in a way.

cheers

03hilux

Instinct would tell you to pursue the "old" mechanic for compensation and reimbursement to some degree. I know that would be my first instinct, but after a little thought, I wouldn't bother wasting more of my time with him.

Now that the vast majority of the ignition system is new, at least if you have another failure, it should, theoretically, be a lot easier to diagnose.
The things that you have replaced would have needed replacing at some time in the cars life, and albeit you have more than likely replaced them prematurely, shouldn't give you grief down the track.

Its just a shame you have had to spend money, at the time, unnecessarily.

Fingers crossed this new guy is onto it

camperman2010

Fingers crossed

Well the Jack goes to the Doctors for the new Injectors Transplant this morning.Will know by 11am if the Jack has a Pulse again :p:p:p

camperman2010

The Jack has a Pulse again lol . Got the new injectors put in this morning and so far so good, she starts like a new car...I wish i had found this mechanic at the begining, a 15 minute fuel pressure test diagnosed my starting issues.Ive said it before, but a big thanx for everyone who has commented and tried to help me out.Its been a very long road for me and the Jack, many heartaches and termoils along the way, but as the saying goes " never give up ", and all you guys never let me give up on the ol girl.
Thanx to Clough aswell for sharing my problems with his father who lives in England to try to diagnose it, thanx Buddy :).
The Jack lives again and cant wait to hit the dusty trails and put her through her paces and see what she can do.
Tomorrow i will be putting the gas converter back on and get her running back on Lpg again.

Last edited:

03hilux

I think Cloughs signature should be yours. What is it, "if its not all good in the end, its not the end"

That's great news Muz.
I hope the "icing on the cake" works for you tomorrow.

cloughcarib

So stoked that the problem is solved for you. It is a shame that your original mech didn't find it. At least it's found now. Lets get a trip going for the start/mid/late October???

By the way, Dad's in the B.V.I. not England

03hilux

So stoked that the problem is solved for you. It is a shame that your original mech didn't find it. At least it's found now. Lets get a trip going for the start/mid/late October???

By the way, Dad's in the B.V.I. not England
Im sure theres a trip up the barringtons being organised:D

prawns

Ive got my fingers crossed for him - We had similar issues with caryard cars in the past (which is why I suggested perhaps too much fuel on the first page) but ours always ended up being leaky injectors which I was leaning towards (which were already checked at that stage and ruled out - I was close tho :D)

Dont reckon he will be seeing problems like that again with his new mechanic I hope - Im blaming the original mechanic for most of his costs to be honest (but reckon with all that work done now, its the perfect time to plan a nice long trip outback :) )

camperman2010

Ive got my fingers crossed for him - We had similar issues with caryard cars in the past (which is why I suggested perhaps too much fuel on the first page) but ours always ended up being leaky injectors which I was leaning towards (which were already checked at that stage and ruled out - I was close tho :D)

Dont reckon he will be seeing problems like that again with his new mechanic I hope - Im blaming the original mechanic for most of his costs to be honest (but reckon with all that work done now, its the perfect time to plan a nice long trip outback :) )
As Rick Savage say's " BOOOOM BABY ", whoohoooooo, 2 turns of the motor and she fired up to life...soooooooo stocked guys,man im over the moon,better still, im over the universe.Well ive finally found a Honest Mechanic who actually knows what he is doing.
You was very close Prawns lol . I was talking to Clough on the phone last night and like him,im also going to set the truck up for Long Touring.Goint to fit the Lpg back on today and do the wiring for the fridge into the cargo area,put a set of roof racks on so i can put my cage with water tubes back on that was on the old Explorer,Led light bar and then in a few weeks build the draw system and then im set for touring.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Sooo happy for you

hold on to that mechanic for dear life, unfortunately good mechanics are becoming as rare as rocking horse sh!t

glad to hear your finally at the end of the nightmare

cheers

prawns

As Rick Savage say's " BOOOOM BABY ", whoohoooooo, 2 turns of the motor and she fired up to life...soooooooo stocked guys,man im over the moon,better still, im over the universe.Well ive finally found a Honest Mechanic who actually knows what he is doing.
You was very close Prawns lol . I was talking to Clough on the phone last night and like him,im also going to set the truck up for Long Touring.Goint to fit the Lpg back on today and do the wiring for the fridge into the cargo area,put a set of roof racks on so i can put my cage with water tubes back on that was on the old Explorer,Led light bar and then in a few weeks build the draw system and then im set for touring.
Mate Im so happy for you!

Sounds like your ecstatic as well, already planning the mod the hell out of your new reliable rig :D - Good on you mate :)

I think your old mechanic should take up a apprenticeship with your current mechanic :D

camperman2010

Mate Im so happy for you!

Sounds like your ecstatic as well, already planning the mod the hell out of your new reliable rig :D - Good on you mate :)

I think your old mechanic should take up a apprenticeship with your current mechanic :D
Yeah ive been holding off on the mods because if the starting issue turned out be a non fixable and/or expensive i was contemplating towards the end of putting her to greener pastures lol.So the wheels are in motion now to set the rig up..:D