Seriously need help

Congratulations on finding the problem......think I mentioned way back in my other post on this to check the lpg air supply/leakage....I'd be pissed at my mechanic as well. And you say he does lpg as well, hmmm. I'd be publishing his name everywhere I could. Sometimes faults can take a while but that was a simple fault to find. Enjoy having your wheels back.

camperman2010

Congratulations on finding the problem......think I mentioned way back in my other post on this to check the lpg air supply/leakage....I'd be pissed at my mechanic as well. And you say he does lpg as well, hmmm. I'd be publishing his name everywhere I could. Sometimes faults can take a while but that was a simple fault to find. Enjoy having your wheels back.
Hi Qldchris, i worked out what im gonna do.Im gonna get another Lpg installer to install the Lock Off Valve ( i can do it in 10 minutes,but im getting to that part ) and get a receipt saying unit is installed and whole system is ok, then take it back to the so called Mechanic,demand for refund,and if no refund,then to Fair Tradings,and im also gonna make some cardboard plakards saying " warning,dont get ripped off by ####### mechanical and Lpg,quick to take your money and faults still not fixed",or something along the lines of that !, and stick them on the car, free advertising lol.....
No one is gonna take Muzz for a free ride.:mad::mad::mad:

GregPS

What an epic story, complete with a happy ending ... except the spending of $$$$ along the way.

Good to hear your truck is on the road after the first turn of the key!

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi Qldchris, i worked out what im gonna do.Im gonna get another Lpg installer to install the Lock Off Valve ( i can do it in 10 minutes,but im getting to that part ) and get a receipt saying unit is installed and whole system is ok, then take it back to the so called Mechanic,demand for refund,and if no refund,then to Fair Tradings,and im also gonna make some cardboard plakards saying " warning,dont get ripped off by ####### mechanical and Lpg,quick to take your money and faults still not fixed",or something along the lines of that !, and stick them on the car, free advertising lol.....
No one is gonna take Muzz for a free ride.:mad::mad::mad:
I feel your angst and anger but be cautious, you may have noticed that there have been may people on here trying to help but I can't recall anyone pointing directly to the fault.

Intermittent faults can be very very time and money consuming and anyone in business is keen to keep their clients happy so I would want to see what he is prepared to do for you first and be reasonable.

If you aren't careful you could find yourself in a legal dilemna for slander / libel and no one here wants to see you end up in that situation either

Good Luck & keep cool

cheers

camperman2010

I feel your angst and anger but be cautious, you may have noticed that there have been may people on here trying to help but I can't recall anyone pointing directly to the fault.

Intermittent faults can be very very time and money consuming and anyone in business is keen to keep their clients happy so I would want to see what he is prepared to do for you first and be reasonable.

If you aren't careful you could find yourself in a legal dilemna for slander / libel and no one here wants to see you end up in that situation either

Good Luck & keep cool

cheers
Hi Cookie, funny thing was, it wasnt intermittent, it was all the time when the engine was cold or 15 minutes after turning engine off.I worked out that the reason it would start straight up again within the 15 minutes is that the engine was still pressurised with Lpg, but after that 15 minutes it would loos its pressure and hence cranking over on both fuels causing it too flood.
As for the Mechanic, nu im not going to go to that extream,i'll just show him the receipts from the other lpg installer and if he wont refund at least 50% of labour cost ( which i think is fair ),then i'll just take it to Consumer Affairs and leave it at that !..:)

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi Cookie, funny thing was, it wasnt intermittent, it was all the time when the engine was cold or 15 minutes after turning engine off.I worked out that the reason it would start straight up again within the 15 minutes is that the engine was still pressurised with Lpg, but after that 15 minutes it would loos its pressure and hence cranking over on both fuels causing it too flood.
As for the Mechanic, nu im not going to go to that extream,i'll just show him the receipts from the other lpg installer and if he wont refund at least 50% of labour cost ( which i think is fair ),then i'll just take it to Consumer Affairs and leave it at that !..:)
Yep now that you mention it, yes there was a degree of consistency

I too have made the mistake of acting with my emotions and not with the brain so glad you have set your boundary

cheers mate

03hilux

Muz, once the part is installed and the jack is running as it should, wait a few days before going to your original mechanic just to ensure the switch IS/WAS the problem.
Go in polite and calm. You'll have a better chance at a partial refund if he gives you one.
Has he charged you labour along with the parts or just parts only. He may only refund part of the labour.
Either way, at least you know all the electronic side of the motor is spot on now.

camperman2010

Muz, once the part is installed and the jack is running as it should, wait a few days before going to your original mechanic just to ensure the switch IS/WAS the problem.
Go in polite and calm. You'll have a better chance at a partial refund if he gives you one.
Has he charged you labour along with the parts or just parts only. He may only refund part of the labour.
Either way, at least you know all the electronic side of the motor is spot on now.
Thats what im doing, gonna wait 1 week ,then get another letter stating from the new Lpg guy to say car is running as it should and no more issues, then yes, i will be cool and calm when i go back to the old mechanic, and yes on both those, i was charged for new parts and labour.I only want 50% of the labour refunded. Yes im glad in a way that i know new parts have been fitted, basically a total new engine now, but dont like getting ripped off for parts that didnt have to be replaced.Especially when someone like me who has no idea about Lpg found the issue.Mechanically wise im very talented ( used to build and race pro stockers 20 yrs ago, but Lpg is new to me.

camperman2010

Gremlin is back

Bugger me, for the last week the car was starting perfect.Since thursday my Gremlin is back. F@#%#@@#$$#@@ K. I fitted the new Lpg Lock Off Valve and put the gas sytem together yesterday ( Friday ) and made no difference.
Its got to be Electrical, something in the wire harness im thinking.I must of bumped something since i took the Gas system off last week, but bloody hell, now ive really had enough.
Ive also been told when a Lpg car back fires it can wreck the Catalitic converter and sending false signals to the 02 sensor,( when the converter crapped out about 5 months ago,it was back firing for about 7 lkm before i got it to the mechanics ) so im going to replace that 1st and see what happenes.If still the same, then off to the Auto Electric guy.

Xagtho

Hey camperman, just so you know, no car that I have had the displeasure of working on rely on the O2 sensor/s while starting.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Ive also been told when a Lpg car back fires it can wreck the Catalitic converter and sending false signals to the 02 sensor,( when the converter crapped out about 5 months ago,it was back firing for about 7 lkm before i got it to the mechanics ) so im going to replace that 1st and see what happenes.If still the same, then off to the Auto Electric guy.
Had gas in a couple of commodores, the VN was a new car on gas and when it bckfired it took out the air filter box, have you checked that air is getting through?

cheers

tremewen123

Unplug the power wire going to the first gas solenoid on the firewall and if it starts cold then the problem is the switch is sending power there on start up when it shouldn't be. Break it down, you removed the gas and the wiring it ran fine, you put it back in it played up. Leave the cat convertor for now and focus on the electrical issue. There must be a timer in the system that tells the car to switch to gas after a warm up and it must be either wired wrong or failed. If unplugging the power wire works, take it to a good gas fitter and ask them to rectify it. The problem is isolated to the gas electrical circuit.

03hilux

Unplug the power wire going to the first gas solenoid on the firewall and if it starts cold then the problem is the switch is sending power there on start up when it shouldn't be. Break it down, you removed the gas and the wiring it ran fine, you put it back in it played up. Leave the cat convertor for now and focus on the electrical issue. There must be a timer in the system that tells the car to switch to gas after a warm up and it must be either wired wrong or failed. If unplugging the power wire works, take it to a good gas fitter and ask them to rectify it. The problem is isolated to the gas electrical circuit.
X2 to this advice.

camperman2010

Hi guys, i took that power supply wire off and still the same, so i shut off the valves at the tank and ran the car until all the gas is out of all the lines, took the mixer off again and now just running on straight petrol.Still has the same issue. I got thinking and looked under the dash again and i found a 2nd computer module for the LPG with a green light on it, why would it need to of those Modules ?.They both have the same colour wires,green,black,red,and the same terminals , gas,pos+,signal.
The starting issue has to be electrical related. Could it be too Advanced in timing ?