Saturday 5/9 Tullarook Day out

shovelboy

i would be in for a play but not in the deep water tho as i might disappear beneath the dark brown water LOL

Last edited:

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
Great place for a play was up there with the club last night.

Lots of challenging tracks with combination of rocks steps, tight turns around trees and ruts to negotiate. Plenty of debris on the sides of the tracks ready to spike your unsuspecting tyre

The most challenging track had a small section which was well worked over by 36 plus tyres ruts before we got there. The clay/grit is like the proverbial upon on a blanket and fills the lugs of anything smaller than a 36 muddie with very sticky and almost plastic consistency goo.

Only two of the 8 vehicles got to the top one with lockers (3 others with lockers couldn't but they only has 31 and 33s on and one got hooked up on the diff)

I unbeaded a tyre here :eek::eek: and being last and having the track well prepared for me
my age and experience should suggest to not bother but you have to have a run at it don't you?

The line was definitely left but got a a point where a little log was just in the right place in the rut for the perfect contact on tyre. Pop and then had to turn my Prado around Gilly on 3 tyres, found "level" ground and with the help of two of the guys had the tyre off jack under, after some shovel work, up and tyres changed in 5 minutes. thanks lads

Like all areas great if you know them well (I had a very experienced trip leader) but there are a lot of little tracks that appear could be worth a little look see another time

4 hours of massive fun for all

We caught up with another car (had got caught up with work during the day) half way around went up to the huge tower and then back to camp. Final run up the hill saw one of the guys struggle until tyres were let down from road pressure and easy negotiated after that.

While the rest stayed on for a quiet bevvie I took off for a prearranged Father's Day family breakfast Long trip after leaving after midnight

D

djodojo

Good time!! first i'd like to thank you all for being patient!
i finaly didn't make it to melbourne the car stalled 10 min after i left youze!
If u rememeber the pajero with cockatoo inside, well he towed me all the way to melbourne isn/t that awsome!!
so im a bit pissed off about that electrical problem but ill be back once fixed for sure!

see ya next time!

Attachments

• 10325_130780901726_683671726_3016950_8380445_n.jpg
    10325_130780901726_683671726_3016950_8380445_n.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 10325_130780926726_683671726_3016955_3717944_n.jpg
    10325_130780926726_683671726_3016955_3717944_n.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 10325_130780936726_683671726_3016957_5199585_n.jpg
    10325_130780936726_683671726_3016957_5199585_n.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 10325_130780876726_683671726_3016945_1786554_n.jpg
    10325_130780876726_683671726_3016945_1786554_n.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 111

bigbadbaz

Hey all,

Thats my 60 that got drowned...lol.

Had a great day out with Wally, djodjo and the blokes from the SES.

The track is Bill's Track towards the Jenkins Track end.

The 60 only really let me down that day due to a bad line i took on that boghole, next time i'll be taking the same line as Wally, after I've my 33's on.:)

Good to hear got back to Melb OK djodjo, that was really good of that guy to tow you all the back, and hopefully you get those electrical problems sorted mate.

*EDIT*
gregu78, warragul rocks is still accessible by foot mate.

gregu78

Hey all,

Thats my 60 that got drowned...lol.

Had a great day out with Wally, djodjo and the blokes from the SES.

The track is Bill's Track towards the Jenkins Track end.

The 60 only really let me down that day due to a bad line i took on that boghole, next time i'll be taking the same line as Wally, after I've my 33's on.:)

Good to hear got back to Melb OK djodjo, that was really good of that guy to tow you all the back, and hopefully you get those electrical problems sorted mate.

*EDIT*
gregu78, warragul rocks is still accessible by foot mate.

I must point out to all that Warragul rocks is actually on private property, and is NOT accessible at all without permission from the land owner (A good bloke I might add). If he still has his phone number on the "private property" sign, when people go up there give him a call and ask permission to enter.
I'm only saying this out of respect for the land owner as I know that what I have said are his views and he does not like people trespassing on his property.

Cheers

bigbadbaz

I must point out to all that Warragul rocks is actually on private property, and is NOT accessible at all without permission from the land owner (A good bloke I might add). If he still has his phone number on the "private property" sign, when people go up there give him a call and ask permission to enter.
I'm only saying this out of respect for the land owner as I know that what I have said are his views and he does not like people trespassing on his property.

Cheers

Thats fair enough, I suppose he probably has to deal with the occasional yahoo. Last time I was up there (which was last year) I cant recall seeing a sign.

Next time I'm up there if there is a sign with his phone number i'll make sure to ring him if I intend on going out to the rocks, if not I'll be sure not to go there.

gregu78

All good. I only mentioned it because on another forum he threatened to go to the media, DSE, etc when someone mentioned going on to his property. He is a keen 4x4er and dirt bike rider, I'd say that's why he offers the option of people calling him to access the rocks.

Anyway, can't wait to get up there!
One thing I hate about drowning the 60, is pulling the carpet out to get rid of the smell of mud!
Have you got a lift on your 60? I've got 2 inch and my 33x12.5 slighty rub on the front of the front guards(could be fixed with a hammer lol), also the insides rub inside the rear wheel arch on full flex. Also rub on my exhaust, but it's custom made for the LPG.

bigbadbaz

Have you got a lift on your 60? I've got 2 inch and my 33x12.5 slighty rub on the front of the front guards(could be fixed with a hammer lol), also the insides rub inside the rear wheel arch on full flex. Also rub on my exhaust, but it's custom made for the LPG.

Got 2" lift. Just put some 33's on it today so should see how its goes on the weekend up at toolangi.

D

djodojo

hey !
my electrical problem isnt fixed but weve figured out that the battery isnt charging; as well as the bulb showing it!
so ill put a post in the technical part

peace

shovelboy

by the sounds of it you have filled the Alternator with mud causing it not to charge so i would be removing it from the vehicle and having it overhauled by auto elec and then seeing if the light works after you reinstall it to vehicle