Sandy Blight Junction Track

Mini

Anyone been able to secure a permit to transit the Sandy Blight Junction Road this year. Looking at doing this next month (late May) but hitting not speed bumps but road blocks. Amazing that Tjukurla is 18 kilometres off the track and it is improbable anyone would need to go there (as Warakurna roadhouse is open) so where is the problem ??, why can't one whizz through and keep those windows shut tight. Why is Warakuna partially open (Roadhouse but not Giles met. station) and the SBJR closed. What am I missing here.??

Colly18

IMO it's just the Covid-19 mess. People, communities and states chose when and what access to allow. Part of it is politics and much of it makes little sense to many of us. Just look at state borders. You can enter NSW without a permit. You can enter Victoria with an online permit and if you answer the questions right you'll get it/in straight away. You can apply online for a permit to enter the NT, but have to apply within 7 days of entering the NT. You have to apply for a permit to enter SA but you have to apply at least 7 days in advance. Go figure- under 7 days for the NT and at least 7 days before for SA????? Let's hope we get this vaccine rollout sorted this year and can scrap all this state border stuff!

Mini

Hi Colly 18. Yes, I agree. Had a G2G pass for W.A. now that has been cancelled. Queensland went from Very low risk, to Low Risk, to Medium risk in two days flat. Each stage has differnet requirements. We have now gone up a notch to Low Risk and we will be back to very low risk at 12:01 am on the 19th April if we all stay in PERFECT health with no (zero) community tranasmissions. I was actually permitted to self isolate in Quarantine and nominated "Self-sufficient off-road camping on Sandy Blight Junction Road" and it was accepted, problem now is, I am not allowed to go there. Very frustrating for sure. Also, I did get verbal permission by W.A. Police Department to transit the road but not enter Tjukurla - what a shame he did not put it in print.