sand flag

BILLBY

had 1 stolen awhile ago and needing 1 in the next few months .
flea bay seems to be real dear for what they are .
anyone have a better option ?
:cool:

Swaggie

had 1 stolen awhile ago and needing 1 in the next few months .
flea bay seems to be real dear for what they are .
anyone have a better option ?

Hiya Bill

Bl@@dy thieves...Anyway ive heard of people using fishing rods to hold the flag..

03hilux

I made mine from an old fishing rod and a $10 orange flag from the local safety shop. A aerial bracket from super cheap fastened up to the roof rack, drill 2 holes through the rod and a short bolt through the top hole and an R clip through the bottom ensures it stays on. Cost me $25 to make. I couldnt justify $100 plus for a proper flag

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Mine's made from an 8mm fibreglass blank, eurethaned into an air hose fitting, reinforced with a 4" length of poly pipe filled with eurethane.

A safety flag from one of the safety shops sits atop, and Xmas trips the santa flag goes on too : )

Clicks into the female fitting on the front nudge bar and sits about 3.5m total off the ground.

I'll find a couple of pics.

Like mentioned by others a fishing rod blank works great, but they were hard to find and I needed one quick for first beach trip, local fibreglass place had the 8mm rod.

It's done 5 or 6 testing sand trips, including some bumpy dunes, and it is hanging in there nice an solid.

Attachments

• air_connect.JPG
    air_connect.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 138
  • PC303080a.jpg
    PC303080a.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 139

Westys Acc

Father in-law uses a 12 foot fishing rod, rings removed and cut just above handle. $3 flag glued and stitched to the top and is base is a bit of galv pipe with a galv to poly screw on joint on it so the rod is snug..

I just went and bought a 4m, 3 piece black willow sand flag.. used Australia wide in the mines and last.. that's good enough for me. It's that big I only ever fit 2 sections, unless is big dunes..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories

Grumpy

Just use an elastic tent pole that snaps together and a flag truckies use for wide loads, can find them on the sides of the road occasionally, the good thing is it folds up to about 600 mm long.

Jackolux

3 piece Surf Rod and ya never know take some fishing gear , you might end up somewhere to catch a fish

CameraCard1reload_1000.jpg

nao

can but one online from black widow if u want to spend the $$ on a CAMS approved one.

BILLBY

no access for the public

none that I know off mind you being a volunteer in the emergency services has seen me drive a few here in the shoalhaven .
We are heading out west to say good our byes to my best mate and his wife who died last year ,so we going to lamberts to say our farewells and to drive the french line as he would expected us to do ,did I say we would have some beers too lol:D:D:D:D:D

deepop

4x4 Earth Contributer
Made mine out of electrical conduit with the truck safety flag (found on the side of the road) stuck in the top. Don't know how long it will last though!