Sand driving day March 31st - Stockton Beach

03hilux

4x4 Earth Contributer
Put me down Jase. I haven't done an 'Earth trip for a while.
Where we meeting up? At the Gan Gan Rd (northern end). Im just thinking, the northern end is firmer and softens as you head south, giving newbies an easy introduction to sand.

Also, what time?

hiluxdriver

Put me down Jase. I haven't done an 'Earth trip for a while.
Where we meeting up? At the Gan Gan Rd (northern end). Im just thinking, the northern end is firmer and softens as you head south, giving newbies an easy introduction to sand.

Also, what time?
Be good to see you again Rog.

First post updated with some better details

03hilux

4x4 Earth Contributer
Meet somewhere up there on Gan Gan Road at 9am for kick off at 9.30. lol I don't know it that well so happy for someone to give a more precise description.
UHF channel 21
Sort your permit out before hand as rangers will check and crush your car if you don't have one (not entirely sure this is correct)
Bring your own recovery gear or I can lend you mine for a few beers if you get stuck.
Maybe bring something to eat and drink as well for when we stop.

Follow Nelson Bay Rd until you see the Gan Gan Rd ( Anna Bay )roundabout, turn Right. The beach entrance is approx. 1km along on the right. ( just before the speed hump.)

See here for where to get your permit https://worimiconservationlands.com/beach-driving/

Luthy

I'm still in. Be good if we get a few more newbies that would like a few tips. Were all quite easy going and love a laugh and don't mind a bit of banter so please feel free to come along and enjoy a day out. Bring kids, wives, girlfreinds, whatever, if there new to this kind of thing and are a bit worried about getting stuck bring em. All welcome!