[SA] Sunday 29th November 2009 - Monthly Meetup

Jacked Surf

Ok guys just thought i would get this months meet organised after last months flopped. before I leave for O'Tooles.
November Monthly Meet

Date : Sunday 29th November 2009
Time : 3pm

Anzac Highway
Glenelg

We park at Wigley Reserve and then depending on the weather go to the Cafe's in Holdfast shores or relax at the reserve and chat. This will be decided on the day with everyone who arrives.

BYO chairs, Drinks, Nibbles etc if we do stay at the reserve.

MAP-2.jpg

Last edited:

Jacked Surf

keeping them afternoon, so people are able to recover from a heavy saturday night and/or go to church in the morning, go out to lunch before hand or dinner afterwards

Jacked Surf

Sort of, The Demolished it and built a similar place called the Beach House.

They decided the Magic Mountain Carpark was on used by hoons. Even if the Majority of car drivers just met their mates there. So they removed it when they buldozed Magic mountain and built a retail sector there.

It doesn't have the same atmosphere / Charisma as Magic Mountain had. Just one big glass building with games etc it.

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
Spewing, this is so close to home and I have an engagement to go to 2 till 5.
Cheers Chard.

Jacked Surf

Will most likely be still around mate. if you do want to spin past afterward you commitments.
Unless Everyone wants to do a Sunday lunch or dinner meet. Can change the time. Its early yet.

Cougz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey Chard...... stop being a suck and come to the meet. the boss wont even notice ya missing.:cool: Ill bring a few Cougars and we can have em together making out ya at a engagment party.;)

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Sounds good to us. The old stomping ground - but that was back when Glenelg had sideshows and rides and you could see the ocean from Anzac Highway - AAAHHH the good old days.

WILKAT

Meet

Hi,we would like to come to this meet,after a surf at Parsons Beach,we'll drive up & meet some of you.Hopefully the weathers good,my daughter loves playgrounds!!!

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
I will stay sober and call in on the way home. Good reason to stay off the booze and fell better the day after eh? I am getting too old for drinking on a Sunday arvo.

Jacked Surf

Cool Wilkat, Parsons beach, a nice sweet spot in the Newland Head Conservation Park, :p

Hopefully she gives you some choice waves on the day.

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
Is this meet gonna happen? Its been a bit quiet. I need to know if I am staying sober or the old girl is driving to the party.

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi,we would like to come to this meet,after a surf at Parsons Beach,we'll drive up & meet some of you.Hopefully the weathers good,my daughter loves playgrounds!!!

If your off to Parsons Wooky surmises your a shortboarder....? :D

The Wooky's a bit inflexible now to ride the shortboards I remember all too well the walk down that cliff to Parsons back in the 70 & 80's - decided I'd let the ol' man have boy times and let him go with his mates. He rides the Mals now but we have a full quiver in the shed as our kids all surf too. Nothing Wooky liked more than to take his daughters and their friends down the far for a surf. Some of the looks he got from the young ones was priceless.
Look forward to meeting up with you all
Ekki

WILKAT

Yes ,Ekki I'm a "short boarder",have been doing it for about 25 - 26 years,started in Shellharbour in N.S.W & have surfed most surfable spots in Aus. & yes that 'walk' down to Parsons beach is a long steep walk up/down that goat track, after a few hours surf!!! I will be getting a Mal one day. I am also looking at getting my daughter into surfing,as she gets older.She loves the beach,she has a ball splashing & having the waves wash up against her. Aren't kids funny!! Looking forward to meeting up.:cool:
We are still up for meet!!

Last edited:

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
I reckon I might be busy with end of year exam marking and report writing this weekend. Four more exams happening this week. Will see what happens. So, if I don't get there, enjoy the afternoon you lucky b......s! Hope the rain is all over for you by then. Should be.

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yes ,Ekki I'm a "short boarder",have been doing it for about 25 - 26 years,started in Shellharbour in N.S.W & have surfed most surfable spots in Aus. & yes that 'walk' down to Parsons beach is a long steep walk up/down that goat track, after a few hours surf!!! I will be getting a Mal one day. I am also looking at getting my daughter into surfing,as she gets older.She loves the beach,she has a ball splashing & having the waves wash up against her. Aren't kids funny!! Looking forward to meeting up.:cool:
We are still up for meet!!

I see the hike hasn't improved then. Our kids are third generation surfers as my Father was a surfer in the 40's/50's on the north shore beaches of Sydney. Both my brothers surf, one living at Noarlunga and always looking for someone to share the ride down the far. And the other now lives at Agnes Waters/1770 which I am sure you've heard of. He's a professional beachbum, living off his gov pension, working when he wants something etc. He had a very stressful job so now he's retired he enjoys a much more relaxed lifestyle. His place is known as Kamp Krusty which those at O'Tooles would have seen the Tshirts.
Wooky surfs and as I said so do our kids although the lad is the only one who does so regularly.
Catchya Sunday
Ekki & Wooky