SA limestone coast and Eyre peninsula

mighty

we went solo car in January in SA and did a bit of 4wd.
Limestone coast
Carpenter's rock to beach port: Easy drive unfortunately got bogged as hub didn't lock in properly, I had to do most of the track in the night, little bumps, no dunes
Beachport to Robe:
more challenging about 20 km track between dunes and beach drive. Sand can get very soft on the beach, low tyres pressure to 15-18psi no major problems. we didn't do little dip as it was closed, according to locals, sand can get very soft there.
We camp just at the end of the track, pass the little settlement(5km). Nice spot just after the camping area , keep right, do not go ahead to the end of Little Dip unless you are more cars and have experience
Lincoln National Park
Seaford-Wanna

Nice track along big dunes, a bit too rocky, not a big challenge as long as you stay on the designated track which in few places is not properly marked and you constantly need to look for the next pole.I had to attempt few dunes a couple of times due to the heavy weight and no turbo
Wilderness Memory Cove
A must if you are in the National park. Ensure you book ahead for the campsite. keys need to be pick up and only 5 car are allowed to stay overnight, beautiful beach were there are just a bunch of people.We were lucky to be only 2 cars in there on the opposite site. Fishing, swimming and bush walk.

Unfortunately we didn't do any in Coffin Bay as we needed another car with us as advised by locals, traveled to streaky bay and it's stunning. Other great places to camp are Ellis and Sheringa beach just a turn off from the highway

GUnka

Thanks for the TR. Hope you enjoyed your time in SA. Little Dip NP "closed" sounds odd to me though.

Shane_H_79

My profile picture is at the start of the Little Dip inland track. Had great fun in January and looking forward to going back next year.

80lover96gxl

we went solo car in January in SA and did a bit of 4wd.
Limestone coast
Carpenter's rock to beach port: Easy drive unfortunately got bogged as hub didn't lock in properly, I had to do most of the track in the night, little bumps, no dunes
Beachport to Robe:
more challenging about 20 km track between dunes and beach drive. Sand can get very soft on the beach, low tyres pressure to 15-18psi no major problems. we didn't do little dip as it was closed, according to locals, sand can get very soft there.
We camp just at the end of the track, pass the little settlement(5km). Nice spot just after the camping area , keep right, do not go ahead to the end of Little Dip unless you are more cars and have experience
Lincoln National Park
Seaford-Wanna

Nice track along big dunes, a bit too rocky, not a big challenge as long as you stay on the designated track which in few places is not properly marked and you constantly need to look for the next pole.I had to attempt few dunes a couple of times due to the heavy weight and no turbo
Wilderness Memory Cove
A must if you are in the National park. Ensure you book ahead for the campsite. keys need to be pick up and only 5 car are allowed to stay overnight, beautiful beach were there are just a bunch of people.We were lucky to be only 2 cars in there on the opposite site. Fishing, swimming and bush walk.

Unfortunately we didn't do any in Coffin Bay as we needed another car with us as advised by locals, traveled to streaky bay and it's stunning. Other great places to camp are Ellis and Sheringa beach just a turn off from the highway
There are some sensational dunes to drive at Sheringa which you would have seen from the campgrounds at the beach, to the west of the campgrounds there's a track that follows the coastline around to another dune system, not as big as the one to the east but still great fun.

Streaky is stunning is'nt it.

As Gunk said, never heard of little dip being closed in the 15 yrs iv been going down there, and yeah, it does get super soft.

mighty

well prob we understood wrong, my bad:)
Streaky is a great place, I would love to live there hihihi

LanaB

I grew up at Streaky, great place :) where is Wilderness Memory Cove? going over to Tumby Bay in July then spending couple of weeks fishing and camping as far as Devenport Creek at Ceduna before doing a loop up Googs and down through Gawler Ranges back to Wirrula and back home to the South East where you have just been.