SA- Day trip 21st June-Morgan!

Poolman84

Finished Morgan Trip!!

Where: Morgan Quarry, and Morgan Conservation Park (Approx. 150km from Adelaide)
When: Sunday 21st June
Meeting: Gawler, Coles car park (next to train station)
Time:9.00am for 9.15am departure
Difficulty: Easy to Very hard (HILL climbs, SAND dunes, MUD if wet and ROCKS
Cost: Own fuel and Lunch (Fuel use was less than 1 tank in thirsty Feroza)
RSVP: please for no.s (PM me)
BYO: Whatever you need. Recovery gear, Food, Drink, etc!
It is fun, no pressure to stay with group once there, however always safer at least in pairs (we are on channel 25 if anyone wishes to meet there!)

INS:

Brenton-Feroza
Rob-Hilux
Gary-Gu Patrol
Matt-Triton(+1)
Moparcm-Pajero?
Tonkatuff-Forerunner
Hammer_hilux-Hilux(+1)
Millsy-MQ Patrol
Barney-Gu Patrol(+1)

OUTS:

Ekki
LowLux

Last edited:

LowLux

Bugga Poolman! Its happened again, I'll be away doing driver training with the club that weekend. Would like to do it another weekend though and I suppose seeing as your on here, I can contact you for another weekend and see if Wooky and Ewok want to go again.

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Count us in for another trip up there but unfortunately we can't make this one. Actually have to do some work around the house ......

Tonkatuff4x4

hey poolman.. my brother (hammer_hilux) and myself will be interested in the next trip. will give you a 100 percent answer once we find out if we can get out of work.. how was the morgan trip? i seen the photo's do you have any more to post??

Poolman84

Great short trip, plenty to do in the day! One time we will overnight and do a drive to Pooginook conservation park too(near Waikerie), maybe if its a long weekend fit in loveday (Barmera) also!
Sorry no more pics of Morgan, but check Youtube for videos, plenty there!!!

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey Guys,
Once it's up have a look at Pooginook on the tracks. If your looking for a country drive in the dirt, great, but if your looking at something a bit more intereting maybe head straight to loveday.

Poolman84

Hey Guys,
Once it's up have a look at Pooginook on the tracks. If your looking for a country drive in the dirt, great, but if your looking at something a bit more interesting maybe head straight to loveday.

Are the Pooginook tracks no good? bit flat and boring or what? Maybe good for quiet camping on way thru or something maybe? Did you take pics at Pooginook?

Tonkatuff4x4

hey poolman.
my bro (hammered_hilux) and myself are a goer for sunday we will have 3 vehicles with us. one of me other mates my be tagging along as well. so be a good day trip. :eek:

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Are the Pooginook tracks no good? bit flat and boring or what? Maybe good for quiet camping on way thru or something maybe? Did you take pics at Pooginook?

Hey Poolman, I posted a pic with the Pooginook track that show typical track going north, the otherside is similar however heading down the west side there is scrub on both sides, and definately more low branches. Ended up snapping the aerial along this section somewhere. Towards the end there are some sandhills but would be more interesting doing it in 2wd with 50lb pressure. Ha Ha
Didn't take a picture at the campground, will think of that next time, but it's shady, not very open but all mallee scrub, just gotta jump the fence to get the firewood. No water or toilets, so would need to bring spade.
The track is onsite now.

Last edited:

moparcm

will tyres need to be let down at all?
just need to no wether i need to rush out and buy a compressor b4 the weekend

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Only if you would like an excuse to buy one. ;)
Your only a few minutes away from town and you don't need to let your tyres down very far to do the Morgan tracks. :D

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
We took ours but never used it. Let the tyres down twice, but your a punt ride away from town at the Conservation Park, and one way into the quarry is on the left after the caravan park as you get off on the other side. Easier and quicker to drive to the servo and use theirs. From what we saw they don't mind and are quite used to it.
Have fun.

Poolman84

As Ekki, said not low enough to need air compressor immediately, I will have mine anyway! I'll let you use it!!!!

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi Poolman, Put the car back on the road tonight and just went for a quick run up past One Tree Hill to see what was happening with the clutch leak. Seems OK. No oil dripping down the clutch pedal for that short run anyway. So will give it a go on Sunday.

And a couple of hours should knock the rest of the reports over tonight!

So see you all Sunday morning.

hammered hilux

Poolman

The weather looking good for Sunday should be a good day trip.
Tonkatuff going to let me no where we going to meeting up . See ya then

Poolman84

Ten to twelve vehicles coming, will aim to get heaps of video and pics!!! Looking forward to it! Bring on the fun!

Jacked Surf

Hi guys, met hammered hilux this afternoon & just joined the site.

After spending all afternoon welding brackets and supports for the wheel carrier, which is now finished and mounted solid.:D

Will meet you all at Gawler. It will be good to go and see the quarry heard about it never seen it or wheeled it.

Last edited: