SA Annual Meet Committee

Kermit

4x4 Earth Contributer
To ALL SA 4X4 Earth Members
Much discussion has been had recently RE : the Annual Events and many people have come forward with their opinions be it good, bad or ugly.
Some of us have been performing the task of Organising the Annual Gathering for 5 years and believe now is the time to have some new people to form a New Committee for Next Year.
We are not saying that all old Members will step down but there are several that have decided to step aside and those vacancies will need filling

We therefore put it to You as Members to step forward and put your hand up if you think you'd like to be part of the new Committee
Please forward Your Name and OR Nomination to Kermit / Des by PM Conversation
I will gather all the names and confirm nominations and present them at our next committee meeting in a month or so
We anticipate the new Committee will take over as at Late April so they have plenty of time to organise the 2017 Meet

OK Folks it's now up to You
I await Your Names and Nominations

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
There's not an awful lot to do with this, mostly liaising with chosen property, sponsors, keeping thread / attendees up to date, and organising a few events which are pretty much well established now (who knows, new blood might = some different events for 2017).
We usually have about 3 or 4 meetings over a pub counter meal dinner to roughy and Fien the planning out.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hmm yeah, full time travelling sounds nice :)

Another thing that can be considered, maybe in a poll later, is do we want to shift the meet to a later long weekend like June ?
This negates the fire ban possibility, but of course depending where it is and what month, rain could then be an issue at some venues.

80lover96gxl

Hmm yeah, full time travelling sounds nice :)

Another thing that can be considered, maybe in a poll later, is do we want to shift the meet to a later long weekend like June ?
This negates the fire ban possibility, but of course depending where it is and what month, rain could then be an issue at some venues.
Also this time of year is touring time for many enthusists which could result in reduced numbers with many galavanting around the country side.
Anzac and easter are probably just as unsuitable aswell which really only leaves october, other than march.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
The other pole question can also relate to pricing concerns early on, maybe we offer a more simple (Bushys style) meet, driving and social aspects, less of the tough organising with prizes and comps, less cost of the extras we get for people to remember the meet.

Lots to think about with a change of pace perhaps.

Kermit

4x4 Earth Contributer
Must say I'm a little bit disappointed thus far
There are plenty of people that want to have a say and have a great time on Trips but there are only a few that will actually step up and do the work
I'd personally like to see a new group of people with different ideas at the helm for a while
If you are sitting on the fence and undecided then I recommend you take the leap and have a go
It's great to see the SA Members and other states Members getting together in some fun and friendly rivalry

Please consider a position to the Committee. At this pace we'll have nobody on the Committee
So far I have 2 nominations, both from myself nominating other people
Both yet to accept the nominations

At this point we won't be seeing an event in 2017
Maybe after everyone has a taste of 2016 and how much fun they actually have, there might be a few step forward
I certainly hope so because the hard yard ground work has already been done over the last 5 years and everything is pretty well set up and in place for running the events without many problems

As I said before
"OK Folks it's now up to You
I await Your Names and Nominations"

billolga

Also this time of year is touring time for many enthusists which could result in reduced numbers with many galavanting around the country side.
Anzac and easter are probably just as unsuitable aswell which really only leaves october, other than march.
Spot on Brian, June/July is the best Months for me for Touring - I will be gone all June again this year.

nightscale

Must say I'm a little bit disappointed thus far
There are plenty of people that want to have a say and have a great time on Trips but there are only a few that will actually step up and do the work
I'd personally like to see a new group of people with different ideas at the helm for a while
If you are sitting on the fence and undecided then I recommend you take the leap and have a go
It's great to see the SA Members and other states Members getting together in some fun and friendly rivalry

Please consider a position to the Committee. At this pace we'll have nobody on the Committee
So far I have 2 nominations, both from myself nominating other people
Both yet to accept the nominations

At this point we won't be seeing an event in 2017
Maybe after everyone has a taste of 2016 and how much fun they actually have, there might be a few step forward
I certainly hope so because the hard yard ground work has already been done over the last 5 years and everything is pretty well set up and in place for running the events without many problems

As I said before
"OK Folks it's now up to You
I await Your Names and Nominations"
I would give it ago but im flat out trying to organise myself let alone anything else.

Chatty

The best I can do is definite maybe - given that the SA economy is a basket case and we are fast turning into a rust belt state I have little option but to look for work interstate to fund our travels. :confused:
If I pick up something here I will be more than happy to help, but it's looking more and more like we'll be interstate soon :(

nightscale

The best I can do is definite maybe - given that the SA economy is a basket case and we are fast turning into a rust belt state I have little option but to look for work interstate to fund our travels. :confused:
If I pick up something here I will be more than happy to help, but it's looking more and more like we'll be interstate soon :(
Yup agree there.

MUDRICK

I can honestly say that after attending the last 4 events and having a great weekend everytime., the current format has worked well and helped create a family friendly atmosphere. The larger events held at properties with places to explore have proved to work well and i look forward to seeing what happens this year.

GUnka

I can honestly say that after attending the last 4 events and having a great weekend everytime., the current format has worked well and helped create a family friendly atmosphere. The larger events held at properties with places to explore have proved to work well and i look forward to seeing what happens this year.
I know everyone appreciates the support you give to the events too mate. Cheers.