SA Annual 4x4 Earth Meet Up - March 2016

80lover96gxl

FB_IMG_1457440481874.jpg

This photo was taken at Blinman in the Flinders Rangers tonight. As the crow flies Blinman is'nt all that far from Peterborough and Willangi.

The rain band is expected to stick around for the next day or two. Will be great to see the property lookin all refreshed after a good dose of rain.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
That is just awesome mate, nothing like a little shower to freshen up those properties :)
Everything seems to green up, not as 'crispy'.

Fri is for clearing shower, the rest of the weekend clear / cloud, and it's the sort of place that gets minimal anyway, so should be all clear, not to mention COOLER !! :D
Maximums Fri 31, Sat 30, Sun 29, Mon 28, overnight a comfy high teens :) :)

richardlnsw

Hope you all have a great weekend. Hope the weather stays ok too. Wish I was going but alas not to be. Safe travels and I look forward to the report.:)

Shane_H_79

Fri is for clearing shower, the rest of the weekend clear / cloud, and it's the sort of place that gets minimal anyway, so should be all clear, not to mention COOLER !!
With close on 20mm of rain at Yongala in the past week, are we/I going to have issues with track condition noting that I am currently only running the factory tyre.

Jacked Surf

Hi all,
I must apologise for the late notice as we are going to have to pull out of the trip. Those who are friends on FB probably have noticed the bad run with our girls this past few weeks. Just spent a large portion of the night at Flinders paediatric emergency with our 10month old who isnt doing so well, as she has been unable to keep any fluids or food down. Having to monitor her and take her back if she gets worse, currently only able to give her hyrdalite via syringe

Had the truck and camper all ready in the driveway, oh well :( , Hoping you all have a good trip and take plenty of photos of the area to share.

GUnka

Hi all,
I must apologise for the late notice as we are going to have to pull out of the trip. Those who are friends on FB probably have noticed the bad run with our girls this past few weeks. Just spent a large portion of the night at Flinders paediatric emergency with our 10month old who isnt doing so well, as she has been unable to keep any fluids or food down. Having to monitor her and take her back if she gets worse, currently only able to give her hyrdalite via syringe

Had the truck and camper all ready in the driveway, oh well :( , Hoping you all have a good trip and take plenty of photos of the area to share.
Sorry to hear that mate. Hope your girls are better sooner rather than later. All the best. :)

richardlnsw

Hi all,

There are plenty of trips mate..... hope your daughter is back to normal very soon, all the best for you and the family.

Trophy truck 481

are any of the tracks narrow?
currently have the clearview mirrors fitted to the Prado and wondering if i should swap them back

only taking the camper trailer this weekend, had the caravan on for a trip to Vic a few weeks back

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
are any of the tracks narrow?
currently have the clearview mirrors fitted to the Prado and wondering if i should swap them back

only taking the camper trailer this weekend, had the caravan on for a trip to Vic a few weeks back
It is pretty open. Maybe only the odd spot you'd need to be careful. You can still fold them back??? If so then that would be fine.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi all,

No apology needed mate, family is #1 and a 10 month needs extra care.
Hope the situation improves rapidly, and full recovery asap.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Other points covered well . . .

Tracks are mostly rocky, wet won't be an issue unless the main road north from Peterborough got drenched, those clay roads can be fun after rain !! :eek:
Ground soaks it up between rain.

Generally no issues with tracks (being narrow), mostly open ranges.

Kermit

4x4 Earth Contributer
If it stays as below from the BOM site 10 Mins ago then I'm thinking I could sneeze more rain than guesstimated
Fri 11 Mar
Min 17 °C Max 26 °C
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Sat 12 Mar
Min 17 °C Max 23 °C
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.2 mm
Sun 13 Mar
Min 17 °C Max 23 °C
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.2 mm
Mon 14 Mar
Min 16 °C Max 22 °C
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
I'm thinking it's heaps better than 40+ degrees
Be nicer at 15.9 degrees (NO FLIES) remembering they attain lift off at 16
Whatever happened to Winter in Winter and Summer in Summer !

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yes, clearing for sure.
The rainfall chart shows they have a little through there, enough to settle the dust and maybe ' soften' the landscape a little.