SA Annual 4x4 Earth Meet Up - March 2016

Bomber2012

I'm not a punter by any stretch , but most Victorians have a flutter on the Melbourne Cup (we are the sporting Capitol of the world :rolleyes: ) . If the Adelaide Cup is that dodgy I'll take your advice and buy a 6 pack :D:D

Kermit

4x4 Earth Contributer
You guys have it all wrong. It's a bit like fishing "Where's the best place to cast my hook""In the fishes mouth"
If Ur gunna actually place a bet "Don't waste Ur money on just any horse""Bet on the Winner"

Swaggie

I'd like to say have a great meet guys and drive safely, also if your feeling tired pull over for half an hour (power nap etc) I nearly learnt the hard way on the last trip and it certainly has never happened before, must be getting old..

The gathering certainly looks well organized. One-day i will make it..

Cheers

Kermit

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks Swaggie, we'll certainly have a good time just for U

Ur certainly right about that Power Nap
Last time I returned from Willangi I was almost in the Micro Sleep land
I pulled over and got out, had a drink and thought all would be well
Got back in and drove, within 15 minutes I almost nodded off, I pulled over
I told Dave to continue on while I slept for all of 15 minutes
That was enough to see me drive home without any concerns for the next 2 hours
POWER NAPS CERTAINLY WORK. Stopping for a walk and a drink is just not enough
U need to shut the body and mind down totally for it to reset

ANYONE feeling tired driving back after a hard weekend on the tracks.
PLEASE PULL OVER and take a Power Nap.

greenmav

Pre trip inspection pays off again, discovered broken rear sway bar link this arvo, new items already sourced and will go in tonight.

GUnka

Pre trip inspection pays off again, discovered broken rear sway bar link this arvo, new items already sourced and will go in tonight.
Broke one myself recently. The factory ones are pretty flimsy. Replaced both mine with aftermarket which are much more heavy duty. (and probs cheaper than OE also)

greenmav

Got heavy duty ones in the front with urethane bushes, could only get stock ones this arvo, $20 each from sprint, can't really complain at the $$'s, my old ones look like they might be original so 24 years old maybe..

GUnka

Got heavy duty ones in the front with urethane bushes, could only get stock ones this arvo, $20 each from sprint, can't really complain at the $$'s, my old ones look like they might be original so 24 years old maybe..
You done well then, mine were less than 3 years old :oops:. Am pretty sure I paid more than $40 for the new ones but they're nearly twice as thick and adjustable with greasable heim joints top and bottom.

greenmav

Only had the old girl for 4 year,and about 15000km, all trips only. Barely drive it in town, still figuring out what breaks.. So far not much. Mostly wear out or come loose. Was a pretty stock original truck when we got it, had very low km's for its age.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Only 6 sleeps for Friday departures, coming up fast :)

For those travelling from Victoria and New South Wales, safe travels, we'll see you there.
If you get in early, just call Antoinette or Neil on the way through Peterborough and get any little directions about the meet site you may need, their number is 8651 2410 or 0427 014 215.

deepop

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well, that's done it! One too many straws and my camel has a broken back.

Nothing wrong with the 'cruiser (how could there be). Just got too much I can't put off, move around, juggle or ignore.

So I'm out. Enjoy the trip and the weekend all and I'll just live through the trip report.

80lover96gxl

Well, that's done it! One too many straws and my camel has a broken back.

Nothing wrong with the 'cruiser (how could there be). Just got too much I can't put off, move around, juggle or ignore.

So I'm out. Enjoy the trip and the weekend all and I'll just live through the trip report.
Bugga, will have to catch up another time mate.

80lover96gxl

Braydon can't make the meet this year so have removed him from attendee list as 80 lover 2.

Iron Man 4x4 have also pulled out so they've also been removed from the sponsor list aswell, disappointing but their call.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Braydon can't make the meet this year so have removed him from attendee list as 80 lover 2.

Ah no, disappointed for him.

Iron Man 4x4 have also pulled out so they've also been removed from the sponsor list aswell, disappointing but their call.

Even more disappointing ! Especially as they're name is all over the stubby holders, vehicle stickers, banner as a sponsor . . . a few items isn't too hard for a larger company to contribute, tax write off and all, but such is life :/

80lover96gxl

Even more disappointing ! Especially as they're name is all over the stubby holders, vehicle stickers, banner as a sponsor . . . a few items isn't too hard for a larger company to contribute, tax write off and all, but such is life :/
Yeah not much we can do about it now, permanent black marker pen perhaps.

Will leave spots 15 and 27 marked vacant for now, not shifting every name up the list right now, takes ages !!
Any regos that come in now can go into there, we'll just take 2 off the 61 vehicles now regoed.
Going to be huge, and a heap of fun, looking forward to this meet !

GUnka

Very disappointing, especially with the meet now only one week away. It seems they will now be getting free advertising with their name being plastered over everything. It's a bit of a canine act pulling out so late. Will cross them off the list of 4x4 companies I will buy anything off in the future.

80lover96gxl

Very disappointing, especially with the meet now only one week away. It seems they will now be getting free advertising with their name being plastered over everything. It's a bit of a canine act pulling out so late. Will cross them off the list of 4x4 companies I will buy anything off in the future.
There are reasons behind it that i wont mention here but it is what it is , as i said previously , permanent black marker pen perhaps.