SA 2019 Annual Meet.

discomatt

Thanks all for a great weekend, a special thank you to Brian for organizing the weekend.
Liza and I had a ball and are grateful we got the chance to get there before they close the park, one of the best rock crawling weekends I have had and its a real shame it has to close.
We made a bit of a holiday out of the weekend taking 2 weeks off work and doing some touring and sightseeing on our trip over and back home.
We stopped at The Wool shed in Renmark , some of their hard lemonade is very refreshing and a must have for hot dusting 4wding days:)
Burra has been on the must do list for a few years so we pulled up at Worlds End camp ground for 2 nights and spent a very enjoyable day walking around the old copper mining town taking in all the history we could.
Treowie was next and what a weekend of fun, technical rock crawling would have to be my favorite form of 4wding and the creek beds didn't disappoint with the old Disco flexing its way through the rocks. A few more mods will be required to keep the rear springs in place as one decided to leave its mount in the fish bowl and bend the saddle but that's a easy fix and all part of the modification process.
Monday we headed back to Renmark and had a very enjoyable hot shower and a few drinks beside the river, Tuesday Outrage , who had been traveling with us throughout our trip headed home , Liza and I followed the river to Swan hill and spent 2 nights in a pretty good caravan park while we did all the tourist stuff followed by a fantastic meal out at a local Javanese restaurant.
We then decided to treat ourselves to some real luxury and went to Daylesford and spent 1 night at Clifftop at Hepburn, https://www.clifftopathepburn.com.au/photos/villas/villas_evoke.php
Well worth it and highly recommended for anyone wanting to win some points with the better half.
Unfortunately we could only get one night, not surprising they are booked out for 3 months in advance for weekends, so we then found another caravan park for the last night so we didn't have to face crappy Friday Melbourne traffic. We did all the tourist stuff around Daylesford and I even visited some art galleries and got some culture :oops:
All said and done a awesome couple of weeks away all started by some good folks from the 4x4earth family:)
Will go through the photos over the next few days and post some up

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
Cheers. Although looks like AC/DC have blocked my videos that have them in it. So no more AC/DC in my vids :(. That's two of my main bands I can't use anymore...

Part 2 is uploading now. Will have it linked in about an hour if I'm still up or tomorrow morning :).

Cheers. Although looks like AC/DC have blocked my videos that have them in it. So no more AC/DC in my vids :(. That's two of my main bands I can't use anymore...

Part 2 is uploading now. Will have it linked in about an hour if I'm still up or tomorrow morning :).
Wow so who's the other band mate ?
Looking forward to part 2 for sure.

Rammstein is the other band that block any music of theirs. Other bands just stop you from being able to earn money from videos with their music.

Part 2
Another good vid mate.
Stoked you guys got to drive the place before it closes.
Hopefully you guys can now see why we enjoy going there for a wheel as there's not many places in SA with style of driving.

discomatt

Another good vid mate.
Stoked you guys got to drive the place before it closes.
Hopefully you guys can now see why we enjoy going there for a wheel as there's not many places in SA with style of driving.
Yep and I am stoked we made the effort to make the trip, well worth it and a great place to do some technical driving, I really hope they can sort something out and keep the property open

Yep and I am stoked we made the effort to make the trip, well worth it and a great place to do some technical driving, I really hope they can sort something out and keep the property open
Yeah I hope they can too mate as would be a shame to lose a place with the great potential it has.
Next time a few of us will have to come over for one of your rock crawling trips mate;).