S.A. mega meet up saturday nov 9

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
S.A. mega meet up saturday nov 7

Very short notice but there is meet up in Mount Barker this weekend. A meet and greet, look at a few other set ups to get some ideas and then we are all off for a spin around some private property. There is supposed to be a couple hundred cars and comp trucks too. Free entertainment and people can camp over too. 4wd-tv are going to be there and 4wd action are a custom photo shoot on one of the cars.
Saturday I am meeting with Lindsay and a couple others at the old toll gate at 1115 for a 1130 roll. Be up there by 1200, look around and then hit the tracks at 1400. I am coming home saturday evening.
We will be on CH15.

Last edited:

Jacked Surf

Don't ya mean the 7th mate..

Sucks that it is this weekend.....
lol oh well. Enjoy guys. take plenty of pics. so I can check it out when i get back from O'Tooles.

LowLux

Yeah I'm headin to O'tooles on Mon moring so I am spending the wekend prepping the Ol girl. Sounds good though, sorry I can't get there.

WILKAT

Old toll gate,Mount Barker

Very short notice but there is meet up in Mount Barker this weekend. A meet and greet, look at a few other set ups to get some ideas and then we are all off for a spin around some private property. There is supposed to be a couple hundred cars and comp trucks too. Free entertainment and people can camp over too. 4wd-tv are going to be there and 4wd action are a custom photo shoot on one of the cars.
Saturday I am meeting with Lindsay and a couple others at the old toll gate at 1115 for a 1130 roll. Be up there by 1200, look around and then hit the tracks at 1400. I am coming home saturday evening.
We will be on CH15.
I'm new to this site & would like to come & have a look around & hit some tracks.Where is the 'old toll gate'???? at Mount Barker.

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yeah, finally someone from down south. Welcome Wilkat. The Old Toll Gate is just at the start of the South Eastern Freeway just up from the intersection of Cross Roads, Glen Osmond Rd & Portrush Rd. Have fun guys, would like to be there but will be on the road to O'Tooles. Take pics for us as JackedSurf said and will catch up when we get back.

WILKAT

Thanks

Thanks Ekki Adventurers for that info,& we intend to have fun will try to get some pics.Also all of you have a safe trip to O'Tooles!!:)

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks mate,
We will have to get together and discuss southern tracks then bring these northerners down to our playground.
Really looking forward to O'Tooles and catching up with some old/new friends from our Flinders trip back in April and faces to names of people I've been chatting with for a year now. Great fun, though there is a definite warped side to some of the people on this website. :D

WILKAT

As new to SA,I thought that this might be a way of meeting other
4wders here,so it is funny talking to people that you haven't met!!!Hence,as you said,putting faces to names.We do plan on going to next meeting on the 29th,so will be meeting a few of you on that day. & yes there are a few warped people around!:)

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
OK WILKAT, We will look out for you. Coming from 'dingy' you are probably better to go straight to Barker. FnB is at 18 simper ct.
image_not_available.jpg

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
It was a great day and ran rather smoothly for a convoy of over 200 cars
image_not_available.jpg

image_not_available.jpg

image_not_available.jpg

stuck
100_1945.jpg

at the pub to settle the dust
Got to meet a few people, thanks for coming up and introducing yourselves to me.

Last edited:

Poolman84

See that burgundy rig near my place! Always laugh at his tyres, nice rig but road tyres(not to offend) Just nice rigs like that need at minimum aggressive at's! over 200 not bad! wish i was there! Catch you soon hopefully! Robe Australia Day weekend!

Cougz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey Poolman, im sure we will catch up at Robe. where abouts are you staying there.

moparcm

See that burgundy rig near my place! Always laugh at his tyres, nice rig but road tyres(not to offend) Just nice rigs like that need at minimum aggressive at's! over 200 not bad! wish i was there! Catch you soon hopefully! Robe Australia Day weekend!

best thing is it took a pajero to pull him out:D:D:D
Was a top day tho cant wait for the next one.
heres a few pics i took
DSC05975.jpg

DSC05959.jpg

DSC05973.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

one of the creek crossings
IMG_3232.jpg

WILKAT

It was a great day yesterday,upart from nearly rolling it on that Bloody slippery
grass!! The track with creek crossing.(camping area near number 6 on map)We were in the first 4 cars to take that track on that day.We where sideways 1 quarter way down,with a long way down on left side.We really thought that we were goners!!! Slid again at bottom,but regained control. there were a few other cars to slip & slide there way down.Which I have a couple of photos,will post very soon.:)

WILKAT

Also Chard,sorry didnt get to meet,but didn't know who to look for!! So many people & cars,lots going on.Going to next meet so might catch up then.

Poolman84

Staying at big4 on beach I think! will be on 16 thats our usual channel! may meet before that though, SA meetup! When is the next one like you did this weekend?