Rubber wheel arch Flares

Drewswb

Anyone found a way of making them look half decent short of sticking a bit of 50mm ally under them ? Mine are wiggly and its bugging me

Batts88

I know one brand came with a piece of wire you inserted into a hole on the outer edge to eliminate sagging also placing screws close together can help when fitting them.

Drewswb

That was the one I was trying to get but its stupidly wide. And only need 50mm to make me legal back to the drawing board

Drewswb

Yea that's the stuff ive got. Its ridged but bends in strange ways. Im going to have a go at attaching it to a bit of 50mm wide ally. But for qhat ive spent on them I could have made up a fiberglass set

dno67

There's a kit lve seen with aluminium fixings, they looked about 75mm or so long with a hole for a screw each end. l'll see if l can find a pick.
Edit.
Found a pic.
Screenshot_20191202-121124_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Drewswb

Crap pic but its cold out there , it hold up really well over most of the arch but when the bend tightens up it seems to whant to pull in hence my thinking that a strip off ally with the rubber on top will work
IMG_20191202_121736.jpg

dno67

I wonder if a bit of a massage with the heat gun would relieve that ? Looks like it needs a stretch where the radius is tight.

Petunia

I can get all round in the car wash for 3$ max, finger on the trigger before slotting the coins, like, then go like the clappers, like.

next brilliant suggestion? have a few cold beverages....... then have a look, iff still unacceptable investigate use of more cold beverages until the problem dissipates?:cool:

Batts88

Drewswb

Yea im just being lazy ive tried the heat gun and it came out and went back oh well. Ive got a spare bit of rubber I can take a mould off.