Roothy's Milo | SA Motor Museum 4x4 day

Zamunda

Any South Aussie coming to the SA Motor Museum 4x4 day on Sunday 19th May?

Roothy will be there handing over Milo to the Museum.

Would love to meet up if you come over. I will be with the SA Landcruiser Club.

Cheers!

Corndoggy

Not really a fan. Couldn't care less about his green car, the handbrake, what he is going to cook up tonight or who is his sponsors. And I suppose he is the only one trying to keep the tracks open.

typhoeus

Not really a fan. Couldn't care less about his green car, the handbrake, what he is going to cook up tonight or who is his sponsors. And I suppose he is the only one trying to keep the tracks open.
He's one of those charactets you either like or dont, like steve erwin, pat callaghan etc. One might not like them personally, but they've made a living out of being different, so you have to respect them for that. I make an idiot of myself often enought to make a living if i could find someone equally stupid enough to pay me for it!☺

Rhett HS

I sat in a new 200 series GXL. It has less room than my amarok and felt slightly less special. The seat fabric seemed thin and odd(?). I paid $41k for my rok, how much would this cruiser have cost? The large rear boot once you ditch the seats is impressive though.

Here are some more vehicles i photographed.....
20190519_161151.jpg

F100 based vehicle that had the big tyres before they bought it and made it more mad max style.

20190519_162827.jpg

I like this. Its like an oil painting to look at. I like the simplicity, style and balance of it, plus the sand dune backdrop. Has a timber chassis!

20190519_132352.jpg

See something new every day.

Petunia

Anyone know anything about this? "Mowag".
If you look real closely at it, it looks hellishly ugly, I do know that about it.:cool:

View attachment 61131
Seems i took a photo of Milo. It can tow two trailers at once.
I'm going to steal that idea, the cool part is the pins drop in from the top, an one never knows when one might want to offset the trailer to get more points in the bike lane.:cool:

Last edited:

typhoeus

One day, when your truck is at a 45degree angle with diagonal wheels off the ground, and you need to winch backwards, you will see the value in that idea. It could make the difference between tipping over or a successful recovery. You could use the receiver for a high lift jack, or make a fitting for a vise for track side repairs, or a fitting for a camp table. . . I think its a great idea!!

Rhett HS

One day, when your truck is at a 45degree angle with diagonal wheels off the ground, and you need to winch backwards, you will see the value in that idea. It could make the difference between tipping over or a successful recovery. You could use the receiver for a high lift jack, or make a fitting for a vise for track side repairs, or a fitting for a camp table. . . I think its a great idea!!
I was just thinking it enabled variable shackle orientation.