Robe to Beachport beach run ?

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Ah Know what you mean, though sometimes it works.

Ekki was the first 4by we looked at. At the time was the same money as the Disco and with a mate owning range rovers knew which way they would like to go. But as I'm only little felt like I was a 10 year old sitting behind the wheel. Nothing close enough to touch. Now I look like a 10 year old sitting behind the wheel but I don't feel like it. :p

The Paj had all the options and the Disco had bare essentials. Comfort won out but we've had to get a tough skin with the ribbing we get. Nissans make good 4by's from what I hear, Wooky's the expert on the vehicles, I'm navigation, so give her time. As I say we have rebuilt the old girl replacing/repairing most bits over the years but we knew that when we bought her and at least the parts, both new and secondhand are fairly easily comeby.

Kaz. :D

Gilly-32

We are thinking of heading over mid march taking on robe - beachport, tides look ok with a high of .76m

can the track still be done on High tide or should we be leaving on a back of a high tide?

Grippy

We are thinking of heading over mid march taking on robe - beachport, tides look ok with a high of .76m

can the track still be done on High tide or should we be leaving on a back of a high tide?
It's more than just 1 track mate.
There's heaps of different sections, I'd wait for the outgoing tide at least for the beach sections, the Inland tracks you'll be fine, however last time down that way they were tight.

Lost1?

+1 For a dropping tide. Don't be shy about running low pressures on the beach. I start at 14lb and often end up at 12lb before I get off the beach down that way.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Just talk to the information centres in Robe or Beachport and they will give you maps and current info on tides, conditions etc. Might be a few doing it so chance to join up.
We did it at high tide going out, so that gave us plenty of time and from Robe to Beachport, with stops including a sandwich for lunch. About six hours doing it lazy.