Change background image

Robe and Beachport

Discussion in 'Trips' started by Todd, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Todd

Todd New Member

Gday just wondering could anyone tell me how far down the beach u can drive heading east from robe

2. unko84

unko84 Active Member

from Carpenter Rocks to tea tree crossing atm and all the way to the murry mouth out side of plover season.

the sad is very soft atm

Todd likes this.
  3. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

You can go from robe right thru to Pt McDonnell on the beaches / dune tracks, from pt mac you can also keep heading east to the vic border.

We have done this trip several times and must warn you, the beaches east of carp rocks can be trecherous. I would recommend atleast 2 other vehicles as backup, and be sure to know what the tides are doing.

Its a great drive but caution needs to be very carefully considered.

Todd likes this.
  4. Todd

Todd New Member

Thanks mate very helpful

80lover96gxl likes this.
  5. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

No probs at all.

6. Todd

Todd New Member

Any idea how busy the area gets Australia day weekend

7. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

I did it last year on aus day long weekend and it was pretty busy but it was manageable.
    Worst bit was traffic in robe itself.

80lover96gxl and Todd like this.
  8. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

Call into info center in Robe. They will help you with maps, tide times, current conditions on beaches/sands, etc., and give you lots of good safety information. If done properly as mentioned above by others it is a lot of good fun. If the going looks tough just head back to the road.:). Have done Robe to Beachport a couple of times, just give yourself plenty of time.

80lover96gxl and Todd like this.
  9. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

Going on the busy times like (especially long) weekends, play it safe and get a sand flag up nice and high up front.
    Particularly around the Beachport - Robe popular route.

80lover96gxl and rogerazz like this.
  10. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

When in Robe, go for a drive along Long Beach in town and have some fun driving on the sand. Then you can air down and experience the soft sand without getting into trouble. Long beach runs for about 10 k's or more and is great for family picnics, etc.
    The town of Robe is great for family outings also. I reckon I might be up there again early January.:).
    Great camp ground at Cape Jaffa just north of Robe, run by our esteemed member "Grumpy" :D.