Road Side Assist

I took delivery of my MU-X LS-U on the 26th of August 2017. On a trip to Cooktown in May 2019 I drove through what was basically a puddle. About two hours later the four wheel drive warning light came on as did the traction control, after some mucking about I succeeded in getting them to go off. When I got back home the same thing happened on three occasions when I went through the laser car wash with the under-body wash. I, in each instance, went back to the dealership, they said words to the effect that "they had removed error codes from the computer and everything was fine." About ten days ago I went to the dealership and reported that the transmission was flaring badly between 2nd and 3rd gear, the mechanic took it for a drive and told me "keep an eye on the transmission when it is cold." What that means I do not know. Today, Monday 7th October, major disaster. I had driven along a dirt track that was no means rough by four wheel drive standards, in fact, I only engaged 4 wheel drive for about 80 meters going up a steep pinch with some loose rocks. When we arrived at a destination, shut it down, no problem. Restarted the engine, engaged drive, hell of a thud. Drove a bit engaged reverse another hell of a thud, finished the maneuver, parked under a shady tree, shut it down. Went to start it 20 minutes later, nothing. Luckily had a mechanic with us, checked all the fuses, okay, finally to get it started, unplugged the signal wire from the starter motor and applied current straight to the starter with the ignition on, it started. I was about an hour from home, as I drove home things got progressively worse, I lost the head unit, digital readout for the gear shift and first and second gear. By the time I reversed it into the driveway I had lost the reversing camera. My biggest gripe is with road side assist. On the two occasions I rang them all they tried to do was to figure out a way to charge me for the service. Tow truck tomorrow to the dealership and they are going to provide one.

Kaluach again. Results of my breakdown Monday 7th October 2019. Roadside assist sent a tow truck to my place and delivered my wounded MU-X to the dealership, Pacific Ute Gympie, on Tuesday 8th October 2019 bravo! What was the problem, you are not going to believe this! A stick, at just the right angle, went through one of the ventilation holes in the bash plate and half dislodged the park/neutral safety switch. I checked this and it appeared okay but, only one side was connected. They said they reconnected it and it was alright. I have a sneaking suspicion that more than this was done, the battery had been disconnected because the date was not set right, the time was right but not the date. If you are just pushing together a connector would this necessitate the disconnection of the battery? The transmission in my MU-X has never before operated this smoothly. On the day I picked it up there was minor flare between second and third gear now nothing, smooth as silk, I can hear the transmission changing but can't feel it like before. In cruse control it was constantly changing up and down between 5th and 6th gear, so much so that I did not use it that much now, I did a 40 kilometre test on the motorway, set the cruise control on 112 kilometres per hour and the transmission did not change out of 6th gear once, it used the engine's torque to maintain speed over hill and dale. So whatever they did who really cares? All I know is that the MU-X is now a better car to drive than ever. But anyway, on the road again. Here is the guts of it if anyone knows what this means? Code P0707 present in transmission, codes V0100 and V0102 in Transmission Control Module not present.

Cokedaddy216

We know a fella with a 6 speed auto Isuzu that had issues , they had it looked at in Toowoomba , a senior technician looked at it & reset the soft wear for the auto .
He is very happy now , this may have been done to your's as well ;)

cam04

Kaluach again. Results of my breakdown Monday 7th October 2019. Roadside assist sent a tow truck to my place and delivered my wounded MU-X to the dealership, Pacific Ute Gympie, on Tuesday 8th October 2019 bravo! What was the problem, you are not going to believe this! A stick, at just the right angle, went through one of the ventilation holes in the bash plate and half dislodged the park/neutral safety switch. I checked this and it appeared okay but, only one side was connected. They said they reconnected it and it was alright. I have a sneaking suspicion that more than this was done, the battery had been disconnected because the date was not set right, the time was right but not the date. If you are just pushing together a connector would this necessitate the disconnection of the battery? The transmission in my MU-X has never before operated this smoothly. On the day I picked it up there was minor flare between second and third gear now nothing, smooth as silk, I can hear the transmission changing but can't feel it like before. In cruse control it was constantly changing up and down between 5th and 6th gear, so much so that I did not use it that much now, I did a 40 kilometre test on the motorway, set the cruise control on 112 kilometres per hour and the transmission did not change out of 6th gear once, it used the engine's torque to maintain speed over hill and dale. So whatever they did who really cares? All I know is that the MU-X is now a better car to drive than ever. But anyway, on the road again. Here is the guts of it if anyone knows what this means? Code P0707 present in transmission, codes V0100 and V0102 in Transmission Control Module not present.
If it's anything like the ranger's, the boxes are programmable. Mine has had a few dealer installed updates as the years went by and they tuned it more to the cars.
Just like a phone or any other computer, unplugging the battery and performing a major 'reset' is technician 101 these days. It would have been the first thing they did.

CaptainBanana

P0707 is low (also no) voltage from the neutral safety switch. The other two are MAF codes. How big was this puddle? How fast were you going? Do you have a snorkel or k&n air filter? Is there any sign of water in the lower air box?