Rival front bars

Nicko42

Hi guys.
I’ve just purchased a new hilux and am considering an aluminum Rival front bar. At first I was getting the ARB steel bar but I am conscious of the extra weight!
Has anyone got a Rival or Rhino front bar And what are your opinions on them? The main thing I’m concerned about is the strength and how these bars would go if you hit a roo. Thanks in advance.

typhoeus

Hi guys.
I’ve just purchased a new hilux and am considering an aluminum Rival front bar. At first I was getting the ARB steel bar but I am conscious of the extra weight!
Has anyone got a Rival or Rhino front bar And what are your opinions on them? The main thing I’m concerned about is the strength and how these bars would go if you hit a roo. Thanks in advance.
Are you likely to want a winch in future? A steel bar will be better in that instance.

2luxes

Hi guys.

Have you looked at Toyota's bar? I remember reading something recently in either a newspaper or an NRMA monthly journal that the installation kit for the Hilux bar contained new front springs. They would have been designed to counteract the increased weight on the front suspension.

Nick Bagus

A good mate of mine has got the Rhino Evolution front bar colour coded and absolutely loves it. It looks really tough and in my opinion better than the Rival bar too. They are steel bars and winch compatible too.

Nicko42

Have you looked at Toyota's bar? I remember reading something recently in either a newspaper or an NRMA monthly journal that the installation kit for the Hilux bar contained new front springs. They would have been designed to counteract the increased weight on the front suspension.
Ok great. I’ll look into those too. Thanks for the tip.

Nicko42

A good mate of mine has got the Rhino Evolution front bar colour coded and absolutely loves it. It looks really tough and in my opinion better than the Rival bar too. They are steel bars and winch compatible too.
I’ve seen these bars too. They do look great. I wonder how heavy they are in comparison to a traditional steel bar.

Nicko42

I’ve seen these bars too. They do look great. I wonder how heavy they are in comparison to a traditional steel bar.
Has he got driving lights mounted to the bar? I was just having a look at these. They do look better than the rival bars.

dabbler

My 2013 SR5 has a factory bar and improved springs plus a mod plate to show increased front end wt, tare and GVM.

It might have been a special/specific order but the paperwork doesn't show anything to indicate it's anything but a dealer fitted option.

Rusty Panels

I fitted a Shoreline Extreme Series bar to my Everest. The bar, winch cradle and bash plate total 60 kg. You can add 30kg for the 11,000 lb winch.

I haven't lifted it yet as it still seems to be sitting ok and hasn't bottomed out on rough roads either. That may change though in time I guess. The bar is steel and greatly improved the approach angles which weren't great in standard form.

They actually used the photos of my car in their add after I sent them a couple of the finished job. I painted the bar myself before fitting.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 08.22.51.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 08.22.51.png
    282.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 08.24.15.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 08.24.15.png
    848.1 KB · Views: 55

Nick Bagus

Has he got driving lights mounted to the bar? I was just having a look at these. They do look better than the rival bars.

He's got a 22 inch light bar mounted to it and a GME 2.1dbi antenna. I can't confirm but I don't reckon they'd weigh much more/if anymore than a traditional steel bar from ARB etc because of the hoop-less design but they do come with their own integrated bash plate which would weigh a bit. He has a 2" lift, no winch and runs 285/70r17's on his Hilux.