Ridge Ryder light bar

Batts88

Has any one tried the $29 12" light bar just wondering what distance they light up thanks.

Bomber2012

Have no experience with the ridge rider light bar , depends on what you want to use it for , if you do a lot of night driving and rely on good light I’d be looking at something a bit better quality. If like me and your camped up before dark and rarely need good light , go for it . At $29 my expectations wouldn’t be to high .

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
No, but the reviews on the SCA site are good.

I had an 80w (8 x 10w cree) 17" Stedi bar, but found it wasn't terribly good out to the sides where I wanted it.

One thing I was going to try before I just went to a 42" curved bar, was to have 2 x 80w bars pointing outwards to get that dead light area, think it would have worked, and it would with this bar too (if that is what you need).

All the specs are good inc IP67, but you probably need to buy a wiring kit as well ?

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
A couple of those pointing out to the sides slightly would work great off road, or on the highway to get dead light areas.

Batts88

A couple of those pointing out to the sides slightly would work great off road, or on the highway to get dead light areas.
Yeah I saw someone do that on a YouTube vid which looked ok but I only have the factory alloy bar at the moment they won't fit so just putting one between the posts. I found autobarn have a 12" 72w double row so might try that one thanks.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yeah I saw someone do that on a YouTube vid which looked ok but I only have the factory alloy bar at the moment they won't fit so just putting one between the posts. I found autobarn have a 12" 72w double row so might try that one thanks.

The 72w would obviously be brighter, hopefully with some central spots and outer spread leds it should do ok.
I found my Stedi 80w was good up the road, approaching that of the LF HID Genesis spots, but the bar just didn't hit to the sides enough to see kangas in close there where they appear from

Batts88

So I bought the Rough Country dual row 72w Led light bar pretty impressive for a small light brighter than I was expecting. I was going to put the old halogens back on with them when I get a new bull bar I don't think I'll need them now.

Pic low beam then high with new leds

Attachments

• 6536576633060025282[6823].jpg
    6536576633060025282[6823].jpg
    71 KB · Views: 111
  • -4453739085774192967[6824].jpg
    -4453739085774192967[6824].jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Rusty Panels

Some of the cheap light bars are pretty good. I had a no name from Ebay on my old Hilux and it was excellent. The quality of the unit including the brackets and the wiring loom was fine. It put out an excellent beam and was still working well after about 5 years when I sold the car.
They probably all come from the same factory and they only change the packaging to suit the size of your wallet.

Chatty

Some of the cheap light bars are pretty good. I had a no name from Ebay on my old Hilux and it was excellent. The quality of the unit including the brackets and the wiring loom was fine. It put out an excellent beam and was still working well after about 5 years when I sold the car.
They probably all come from the same factory and they only change the packaging to suit the size of your wallet.
I think you're pretty close to the money there - the main difference I see is in the quality of the moulding of the reflectors - they are very small individual reflectors for each LED, so a small imperfection can make a dramatic difference to the focus.

Rusty Panels

Some of the reflectors may be better but honestly with the type of spread beam you get from a light bar it would be difficult to pick any massive difference.

SnuseDrake

Man, it’s a cheap staff. Based on my experience, the cheap things, especially car details, never are good and serve for long. Once I wanted to decorate my car inside with some light strips, to add vibes and atmosphere. I bought the cheapest I found and installed them the same day. They didn’t serve even a month; I spilled a coffee on it, and that was their last day. While throwing this crap out, I decided to buy smth better because driving with light strips uplifts y mood. So I bought car led lights interior, and they’ve worked properly. They are more sophisticated and can synchronize my music. And, water-resistant, of course! So, always choose the quality.

Last edited: