Rhino roof racks for LST

Tazzie666

Hey Mud_x
Any idea on the reps name, could help when I re submit my warranty claim for the one that fell off my roof.

Thanks in advance

Mud_x

Hey Mud_x
Any idea on the reps name, could help when I re submit my warranty claim for the one that fell off my roof.

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately they wouldn't give out cards or contact details instead telling people to go through there next to useless overly complicated web site whose vehicle search option doesn't work correctly. :mad:

AH_MUXLST

LS-T roof rail removal

Has anyone attempted to remove the LS-T rails? Apparently it's similar removal as the Prado (see attached)!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 257

MUX STX

I had some Thule roof bars put on yesterday, they look good and just clamp onto the rails.

I have not read the entire thread, so I have no idea why I needed to tell you that.......................lol

Mud_x

I had some Thule roof bars put on yesterday, they look good and just clamp onto the rails.

I have not read the entire thread, so I have no idea why I needed to tell you that.......................lol

Your in the right place I think Thule sound like a good option. How high do they sit above the rail of the vehicle? And how hard or should I say long does it take to remove/install them?

MUX STX

Hey Mud, I have not taken them off (keyed) and may never need to do so.

I have not grabbed the tape out but would say about 125mm.

I chickened out and got them fitted($40) at Roof racks galore, they took about 20 mins.

Mud_x

Thanks MUX STX they sound like they are a little higher than the Rhino which have a leg hight of 85mm.

1mate08

Has anyone attempted to remove the LS-T rails? Apparently it's similar removal as the Prado (see attached)!

Thanks to AH_MUXLST post in Technical thread page 162 of a MUX Parts Catalogue . I found this in BODY PARTS 6-60 , may be of help.

Attachments

• mux 3 010_rsz.jpg
    mux 3 010_rsz.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

MUX444

Thanks to AH_MUXLST post in Technical thread page 162 of a MUX Parts Catalogue . I found this in BODY PARTS 6-60 , may be of help.

Good find. Its interesting that middle bolts (62) which are replaced with the Isuzu and Pro Rack kits go into a bracket held down by an (81). 4 other (81)s hold down the ends.

The Pro Rack Whispbars sit about 60mm above the rails (~80mm above roof).

The drawback with them is that they are 700mm apart and as that is also the recommended overhang for an awning (ARB) you are restricted to a 2000mm awning. This doesn't bother me except they don't have any in stock.:(

Mud_x

Fitted a pair of Thule bars 1300 wide at 700 spacing. Thule appear to be well made with all hardware fitting nicely. I've fitted my ARB awning using Rhino attach brackets. Could have done with slightly wider bars as gap between awning and roof is only about 0.125". The Rhino brackets are absolute rubbish poorly made with holes that are pressed not drilled so slightly elongated and far to large for the bolts supplied with the awning. I machined up fillers with collars to fill the holes, should have sent the brackets back and made some myself. Even the bolts supplied by Rhino to attach to the bar are rubbish and too short. They obviously know that because they supply spring washers with the nylock nuts, why? The brackets aren't even bent to 90*, they are about 85* which makes the awning gap worse.

Guyzimijrii

Hey Guys. I was at the Nat 4x4 expo in Melbourne just gone. I was looking at these discussed issues too. The rhino rep didn't say anything about the bad fits? But he did suggest to look at the models outside. apparently he Factory rail on the mUx were removed down to the roofing Channels with out any further rubber replace and the rack mounts bolted directly into the roof.Interesting but not a clean finish.