Change background image

Rhino Rack, Backbone system VS 6 RLCP legs, which one should I choose?

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by JoeJoeJoeJoe, Apr 14, 2018.

1. JoeJoeJoeJoe

JoeJoeJoeJoe New Member

Hi, guys

I decided to have a Rhino Pioneer Platform, but the question is which mounting system should I choose? New Backbone or original 6 legs?

I don't have RTT, so weight on the rack won't be too heavy, but I don't think weight is the problem for the mounting system. Convenience should be the problem, and how to clean the roof as well.

Personally prefer 6 legs, how about you?

Cheers!

2. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

I guess you mean the 6 legs that attach to a permanently attached track in the gutter? (not clamp on type)

I like the new backbone style but i reckon either would be good.

JoeJoeJoeJoe likes this.
  3. SPOD_Here

SPOD_Here Active Member

These new racks keep catching my eye too. Makes the old steel arb roofrack seem like a creation from last century (like it is). I’d go the backbone system personally, just for the purposeful stance it gives a vehicle.

JoeJoeJoeJoe likes this.
  4. Trophy truck 481

Trophy truck 481 Active Member

i like the new back bone system, would put one on , except every now an then i need to remove the rack
    and then is a pain as they are awkward to fit & remove

JoeJoeJoeJoe likes this.
  5. shanegtr

shanegtr Active Member

I've got the backbone with rhino platform on my disco. For me I wanted something that sits as low as possible - mainly because of the disco's stepped roof. If a rack is high at the back of the vehicle then it looks way to high at the front. The backbone for me was the lowest mounted rack I could find apart from one that is made in the UK and is double the price before shipping is even considered.
    The back bone is kinda fiddly to setup, but mine stays on permanently so no real issue there.

JoeJoeJoeJoe likes this.
  6. KayeC

KayeC New Member

Backbones look hot and are very practical if you're using it often for larger loads. Otherwise, go RCH or RCL if you can they are lockable and low profile.