RG colorado annoying squeak

Hi,
I have had my Rg colorado for over a year now and recently it has developed a really annoying squeak that seems to begin at about 50kph onwards and is a constant noise. I have taken it back to city holden in adelaide twice now and they say they can't find a problem and basically i'm hearing things (I don't recommend dealing with city holden, nothing but trouble with their staff since buying the car.). I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction with what may be causing this noise so i can go back to holden and tell them exactly what they need to repair to resolve this problem. Thank you if anyone can help.

If it is coming from the front end it could be a problem with the struts. The Holden dealer should know about this one as it was the subject of a recall.

The squeak may be coming from the CV, the earlier model Dmax's and Colorado had the same issue.
Mine use to do the same, posed the same question on a another forum, most responses said it was the CV as they had the same issue visited the dealer mentioned that tne noise was most likely coming from the CV, they replaced both under warranty, no issues since.

Hi,
I have had my Rg colorado for over a year now and recently it has developed a really annoying squeak that seems to begin at about 50kph onwards and is a constant noise. I have taken it back to city holden in adelaide twice now and they say they can't find a problem and basically i'm hearing things (I don't recommend dealing with city holden, nothing but trouble with their staff since buying the car.). I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction with what may be causing this noise so i can go back to holden and tell them exactly what they need to repair to resolve this problem. Thank you if anyone can help.
I've had mine for a little over a year and the squeak was the front struts although the factory replacement parts were just as inferior, I ended up installing tough dog struts into the colorado which I actually think are from a prado.

I've had mine for a little over a year and the squeak was the front struts although the factory replacement parts were just as inferior, I ended up installing tough dog struts into the colorado which I actually think are from a prado.
I had the struts on mine done about 3months ago. All good so far.

Is it a constant high pitch squeel? If so, it could be the thrust washers on the CV shafts between the CV and wheel bearings. They sometimes get a little dry, so a good blob of grease in there will fix it.

muc the truck

Hi,
My 2010 Colorado had a faulty steering column from new. it would squeak and rattle and because I had fitted a Australian made suspension seat they blamed the seat without test driving it , so I fixed the seat so it would not move showed them the air strut replaced with a solid rod so it was like a normal seat . Took a Holden mechanic for a test drive for the first time and he agreed with me it was the steering column . the car was 2 months old. I had to wait 4 months for parts to come in from Thailand .

I had the same issue on mine, took it back to the dealer and they replaced under warranty. Think it was a plate or something rubbing on the strut. Seems to be a few people with different versions of the problem as they said sometime it's a quick fix, but sometimes they may require the vehicle for 2 days.
Luckly mine was only an afternoon.

I call this the "Colorado squeal of death"
After replacing everything turns out that the outer surface on the cv joint gets polished from the seal,replacing seals won't help and a new cv joint is not necessary,i use a mini belt sander to roughen up the surface,it's about a half hour job each side,I've done this procedure at least 20 times.