Reversing sensors when towing and reversing

waltonhayden

Hi guys and girls.
I have a question regarding the reverse sensors I have a 2013 Holden colorado 7 and I have recently got a tow bar fitted I was wondering if there is anyway I can turn the reversing sensors off when towing as it’s driving me insane when I reverse.
Please help!

Rusty Panels

Have you checked the owners manual? If there's no mention of it then maybe you need to put a switch in the line so you can turn them off when towing. I know on the Everest I owned that you could turn them off through a menu.
It shouldn't be hard to locate the buzzer and wire a switch in if need be.

CTL

Your Colorado will have a spare plug with two wires near the trailer wiring harness plug. Use a trailer plug with a NC reed switch in it and connect to the two wire spare plug. This will turn off the reverse sensors automatically when you plug your trailer into the Collie

waltonhayden

Your Colorado will have a spare plug with two wires near the trailer wiring harness plug. Use a trailer plug with a NC reed switch in it and connect to the two wire spare plug. This will turn off the reverse sensors automatically when you plug your trailer into the Collie
My tow bar has a 7 round pin plug is there a way I can use this do you have a diagram on which I should connect the other 2 wires too?
Or will I have to get a flat type plug?

Colly18

Just another thing to be aware of, i.e. the switch operates via a small magnet glued on the flap of the flat trailer socket. I've had the magnet knocked out by stones when towing on gravel roads on a couple occasions on my Colorado. you soon discover the problem when not towing and find you have no reversing sensors. Solution is some form of guard behind the socket to protect it or if you are lucky enough to still have the magnet reglue it. I carry a spare flat pin socket since I haven't had a good run with these.

Reactions: CTL