Respect for the BUSH (ABUSE IT AND LOSE IT!)

Grumpy

gazza77 I am in the middle of moving and have packed stickers somewhere, please be patient and I will send them as soon as I can, could you also let me know which ones you are after. Cheers

2002GU3

gazza77 I am in the middle of moving and have packed stickers somewhere, please be patient and I will send them as soon as I can, could you also let me know which ones you are after. Cheers
do you still have any of the old ones ? " looking for a good route "

shaun0

I dont agree with this abuse it and lose it saying. I dont like these people that do this either but this saying suggests we have overlords that have a say over our lives and rule over the wilderness. This is total BS in my opinion no one has a right to tell any one of us where we can and cant go in the bush. We respect the laws though only with good will if they start locking up more and more places then good will is gone.

mikehzz

Mate, someone owns, manages and has responsibility for every bit of land in the country and it's not invisible greenies, its private individuals, companies, aboriginal councils or government departments. Therefore they can tell you if and where you can go. It would be a bit strange if they couldn't.

richardlnsw

I dont agree with this abuse it and lose it saying. I dont like these people that do this either but this saying suggests we have overlords that have a say over our lives and rule over the wilderness. This is total BS in my opinion no one has a right to tell any one of us where we can and cant go in the bush. We respect the laws though only with good will if they start locking up more and more places then good will is gone.
The fact is we do have "overlords" that can and will lock us out if the morons of society keep abusing our bush and camping areas. The object of this is to hopefully make some more people out there aware of the fact that we may lose our freedom to go bush because of these morons and maybe get more positive peer pressure happening in the community and even put a stop to it completely.

2002GU3

Mate, someone owns, manages and has responsibility for every bit of land in the country and it's not invisible greenies, its private individuals, companies, aboriginal councils or government departments. Therefore they can tell you if and where you can go. It would be a bit strange if they couldn't.
I agree totally,,,I'm always getting told where to go !

2002GU3

Yes I have two lots of them can send them straight away, not packed yet.
will get envelope tomorrow and send to you,,,will want to get 2 of each kind ( 6 in total - $10.00 ) so you can send whenever you find the others, no rush.... thanks, Jim

idiomatically

Just came back for 4 days at one of my favourite bush camp spots, it's a private property about 3000 acres. Now there is limited access to this part of the property and unless you had a decent vehicle you certainly weren't driving the tracks as it's been raining for weeks now and very muddy out there but the main track into where we setup camp was pretty good for a standard 4wds to get to.

By Sunday lunchtime every other person had left the remote parts of the property and I confirmed with the caretaker we were the only people still meant to be out this way. I rang him because I heard someone giving it a whole of jandle. The look on this blokes face when he drove up the track connecting our camp to the main track in said it all. Silver Pajero, no number plates, covered in mud with steam bellowing out of the bonnet.

Guy does a quick u-turn asks me as I approach what the tracks like and when I ask him what he was doing here, he quickly states looking for a lost pig? lol right... then he wants to know how long I am staying for, so he knows when he can safely come back for another crack.

To my horror, when I got down to the lower camp similar to ours (image below) he had totally destroyed it. Circle work every where, not a patch of green left on the ground totally tore up the camp and chucked cans out the window. It's these kinds of gronks that lead to us all getting kicked off these types of properties and people going around chucking spikes in the ground.

It will take months for that camp to rehabilitate and in that time the camp will have to be closed to prevent more damage. Obviously this guy knew there are trail cams setup because he took his plates off the car, this deliberate vandalism will destroy our favourite pass time. We need better resourcing and much tougher penalties.

EIafQdoh.jpg

darb

Honestly the only thing that guy is going to understand is a good few smacks in the head and a week long headache.

There's dense meatheads everywhere in this nation, many take pride in themselves.

Swaggie

Honestly the only thing that guy is going to understand is a good few smacks in the head and a week long headache.

There's dense meatheads everywhere in this nation, many take pride in themselves.

A friend of mine says in some cases violence is the answer... He's in a seedy world.....
It's a fine line giving someone a hiding and accidently killing them tho, then your in all sorts of shit, especially if you have assets.

So leave it up to the authorities... Unless you have video of him doing it I doubt anyone would act but I live in hope....

idiomatically

Did you report it? Vehicle and driver description, date and time, etc.

Absolutely I reported it, rang the care taker the moment I heard him coming and then again after he left to give the care taker a full description of the bloke and vehicle and to give him a heads up that he might want to head over this way and try to cut him off as he left the property.

I am also in the habit of taking photo's of camps I've been staying at as I leave and sending them over to the care takers so they know the condition we've left the place in.

Unless you have video of him doing it I doubt anyone would act but I live in hope....

That's part of the problem though, we needs to add a balance of probabilities to it, and at least really ramp up the penalty of trespassing on private property. People like this need to be tracked down and made a very public example of.