Respect for the BUSH (ABUSE IT AND LOSE IT!)

Only camped on Australia Day weekend once. That was up at Gough's Bay Eildon couple of years back.
Was me, the missus, daughter, Son in Law , five grand kids. Apart from everyone drinking, doing monos on dirt bikes, shooting ducks on water with bow and arrows, up all night music blaring, cops driving through and not stopping, it was a typical Australia Day festivity. Ah! we will clean up later. Or is it that family did it for us.
View attachment 62111

There's a duck. Just have to watch out for those kids swimming over there.
View attachment 62112

Have another beer mate while we wait for some more ducks and I can show you how to shoot.
View attachment 62113

Damn!. This drinkin sure makes you feel like going with no time to hide from anyone watching.
View attachment 62110
Did they clean it up Rog ?

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Did they clean it up Rog ?
Well, it took a bit of work on our part. Towards evening I took my two six year old twins for a walk along the waterfront, picking up rubbish in a bag. When we were close to the mess, one young bloke got the message, maybe he was a bit embarrassed and so he started to clean up. No one else in the mob of around thirty people lifted a finger. Some of the rubbish drifted away in the water during the afternoon so was unrecoverable.

Dunno if was better or worse 'back in the day'. I can remember having huge noisy pissy camping trips out to UDP Falls every Easter in the early '80's. Lots of ratbaggery as per the norm for twenty something Territory bogans and boganettes. Now I'm one one of the grumpy old bastards whingeing about the youth of today doing the same thing... oh and we still have a 'cracker night'..... fell on a school night this year, so was fairly sedate, but the last few years was on a weekend ( rolls eyes ! ) Bulk booze and fireworks.... ( sigh )
As an aside, we ( NT and SA ) have a 'cash for cans' recycling scheme.....you simply don't see feral drink containers out in the bush anymore.....

dno67

Dunno if was better or worse 'back in the day'. I can remember having huge noisy pissy camping trips out to UDP Falls every Easter in the early '80's. Lots of ratbaggery as per the norm for twenty something Territory bogans and boganettes. Now I'm one one of the grumpy old bastards whingeing about the youth of today doing the same thing... oh and we still have a 'cracker night'..... fell on a school night this year, so was fairly sedate, but the last few years was on a weekend ( rolls eyes ! ) Bulk booze and fireworks.... ( sigh )
As an aside, we ( NT and SA ) have a 'cash for cans' recycling scheme.....you simply don't see feral drink containers out in the bush anymore.....
One note of difference, we'd rack off to a remote camp and get wild, now everyone seems to be looking for social media fame and becoming some sort of legend so it has to be right in the publics eye. Seems,
If it's not being questioned or debated on a media platform, your wild weekend was nothing more than a loosers get to gether.