Reliable TPMS

boobook

No, just the one set of external sensors. The sensors just transmit, and the display receivers just receive. So you set up the first unit for each wheel, like normal, then you do exactly the same for the second set. Then you can set the alarms to be different. Actually you could have 10 sets of display/receivers if you wanted.

They are all the same style of sensors and all from Digi options. I also have the larger one too. The sensors are TP10 from memory? I also got spare sensors by buying 2 sets too. I monitor the 4 wheels plus 2 camper wheels.

I forgot to look on eBay and bought what looks to be the same unit from a reputable 4wd parts site in western Sydney for about $200.
Got the external option as I had just fitted new tyres but is is good not checking tyres all the time, in fact never.
It seems consistent but reads a few psi under and a pain trying to adjust it.
It is a bit hard to read with my polarized sunnies but as long as I can just read it, all is good.
Will be good to have warning of a flat and stop at a good spot.

Andysocial

Hey guys i've got the below internal TPMS with 5 sensors and it's been working great, but i've just done a 5 tyre rotation so now no wheels match. Anyone know how to re-train the wheel locations?

View attachment 66292
Hi Low Range, I am looking at that model (Digoptions TP-13 https://www.digoptions.com.au/tpms-tyre-pressure-monitoring-system-external-sens), but with external sensors. Does it allow pairing for your trailer, or only show 4 tyre pressures? Does the monitor have an internal battery?
I find Digoptions have well, lots of options, good prices, but their descriptions are mixed up and duplicated. Can't have it all eh?!
Thanks

boobook

Andy, that one only does 5 tyres according to the specs. The solar one does 6 plus spare and automatically displays the trailer tyres if the trailer is close.

lukemart

Interesting reading! Now for a brains trust question, thinking of purchasing a TPMS with say 10 sensors, (4wd+ camper), I have air assist air bags in rear coils, would attaching a sensor to each airbag as well as all tyres allow monitoring of the different pressures that will be run? get-mobdro.com
tubemate

Last edited:

Albynsw

The first thing that comes to mind is why? Is there any benefits in complicating everything to that extent? Really the only thing that matters is the tyres that are turning under your gear.
I don’t know if the sensors would activate or not on airbags??

Bambi05

G'day all, just looking to get help with a couple of questions, I'm thinking of buying

The Masten TP-19SI, just wanting to monitor the 4 tyres I'm driving on. I see the caps come with Anti-theft Sensors and TPMS Wrench, I’m not concerned about trying to stop people knocking them off. My question is do you need to use all this security stuff ? I’m hoping to be able to screw them on and off like a dust cap so that I don't have to go through any dramas when it come to airing up and down. Thanks in advance for you help

Swaggie

G'day all, just looking to get help with a couple of questions, I'm thinking of buying

The Masten TP-19SI, just wanting to monitor the 4 tyres I'm driving on. I see the caps come with Anti-theft Sensors and TPMS Wrench, I’m not concerned about trying to stop people knocking them off. My question is do you need to use all this security stuff ? I’m hoping to be able to screw them on and off like a dust cap so that I don't have to go through any dramas when it come to airing up and down. Thanks in advance for you help
Hiya
I’ve just bought something similar to @mauriceb on the first page (post 15) for around 50 bucks.
The one your looking at is over 300 bucks.
These ones seem accurate enough, might be worth trying the cheapy first...

Mine even beeps when i unscrew one off, so if your 4wheelin in low and it falls off you’ll know about it , too bad if it happens at a 100kms tho :oops: ...

boobook

I park my car in the street in Melbourne much of the time and have had screw on TPMS for around 12 years. I have never had one knocked off and never use the anti theft crap. They screw on and off like dust protectors like you say.