• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Recovery points to fit factory bullbar

mux rider

I went to a local workshop to fit roadsafe recovery points on my mux which has a factory alloy bull bar. When they went to do the job, they release that it was not compatible with the bull bar. Does anyone know of any recovery point products that would fit an isuzu factory bullbar?

Aaron Schubert

By nature, recovery points should never be attached to a bull bar. The roadsafe ones you mention will bolt to the chassis, but more than likely the bull bar gets in the way of the holes required.

Aaron

mux rider

Agree with your point Aaron. unfortunately the factory bull bar prevents both roadsafe and arb recovery points from being fitted

Ziggy

I went to a local workshop to fit roadsafe recovery points on my mux which has a factory alloy bull bar. When they went to do the job, they release that it was not compatible with the bull bar. Does anyone know of any recovery point products that would fit an isuzu factory bullbar?
Don't believe there are.

Ziggy

When bridled the stock points are good for about 3 t. That'll cover a lot of snatches but use the the formula in The 4WD Handbook to calculate the strain in each case.

chuin

I can absolutely confirm that roadside recovery points will not fit MUX with a TJM bull-bar. I missed this whole post and bought a set - sigh! Look in the 'For Sale' forum