Recovery Points On Hilux

DazzaMTD

Are there recovery points already located on the hilux from stock, or do you have to add them yourself?? i.e. attached to bullbar

phs

id say it depends on what year and model, and you attach recovery hooks to front chassis there's 2 holes with female thread, the recovery hook pack comes with 2 bolts, washers and hook

havok011101

as for recovery from the rear i use my tow ball mount, with the tow shaft out pull the pin put strap in and put pin back in

Damn, the simple answer is by far the best, thanks PHS!

To contribute... they're a couple of years apart, but I would imagine you ahve a decent recovery point on the front, have a look under the bumper is there a solid looking hook type unit hiding under there?

Mine is on the passenger side, and there is a point on the opposite side too just without the actual hook/hardware.

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thats cos they never get used and us PATROL drivers enjoy do charity for those less fortunate than us. :rolleyes: That particular hook came from a 1986 PATROL. Still looks like new!

Gunna

Thats cos they never get used and us PATROL drivers enjoy do charity for those less fortunate than us. :rolleyes: That particular hook came from a 1986 PATROL. Still looks like new!
Thats cause the bl@@dy truck got crushed in the mines :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

LowLux

Get 2 and fit them. Even if they are already there, you don't really know what the original ones have been through and worth having piece of mind.

gdog

Often you will find after market bull bars will have recovery points on them too. Places where you can put a shackle. So depending on what your car has. You may not require hooks at all.

I would just like to mention too. If you use the tow bar recess as a hooking point. Ensure you use a rated pin. I've seen a couple of pins, the lockable ones, that weren't up to the task at all. And parts ended up in the panel of the recovery vehicle (not the stranded one).