Recall Notices (ACCC issued)

Paddler Ed

I thought that collecting all the ACCC Issued recall notices in one place may be useful, as they seem to pop up for all sorts of bits and pieces.

Following on from the ACCC recall notice that has been discussed in the Snatch Strap thread, I've also noticed that ARK have issued a recall for some of their towbars, details to be found here:
ARJK Towbar recall

Others recent ones include:
Right Hand Swivel steering arm from All Four x 4 spares (Toyota HiLux)
2003 Nissan Patrol, Navara and X-Trails

This is not an opportunity to discuss the need for the recall, rather an opportunity to disseminate the information to the widest possible audience.

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
Mazda 6, RX-8, E-Series van, T-Series cab chassis, B2500 Ute/cab chassis, B2600 ute/cab chassis 2002-2007 2015/14760

Does this mean that I will now get Airbags fitted ?......... My 2003 doesn't have them at all , do you think that I could argue that they need to fit them ?

( Wrong VIN Number series - Bummer :()

IvanTheTerrible

2016-17 Ford Ranger

What are the defects?

When driven over long grass affected vehicles may accumulate vegetation under the vehicle near the exhaust system.

What are the hazards?
The exhaust system in that area may reach a high temperature. If sufficient grass or other combustible material has accumulated, they may be ignited by the exhaust system, causing smoke or flames to appear from under the vehicle.

What should consumers do?
Ford will write to owners of all affected vehicles.

Until parts are available, owners should refer to the warnings in the Owner Manual, paying special attention to the sections:
- Starting and Stopping the Engine - General Information
- Starting and Stopping the Engine - Diesel particulate Filter
- Fuel and Refueling - Catalytic Converter

For further information, an owner can contact any authorised Ford Dealer or Ford's Customer Relationship centre on 1800 503 672.

Supplier
Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited(link is external)
Traders who sold this product
Authorised Ford dealers

Where the product was sold
Nationally
Dates available for sale
  • 12 July 2016 - 7 December 2017