Change background image

Recall notice

Discussion in 'Holden' started by MUX STX, Apr 26, 2015.

1. MUX STX

MUX STX Active Member

2. MUX STX

MUX STX Active Member

I wonder if Isuzu's will be effected, if they come out of the same factory.

3. Ziggy99

Ziggy99 New Member

The MU-X uses a different motor so I'd say it won't be affected.

4. MUX STX

MUX STX Active Member

That was my first thought, but wonder if they share wiring harnesses, time will tell I guess.

5. muc the truck

muc the truck Well-Known Member

According to the Federal Government’s recalls website, “there is a risk that (a) cable insulation may melt or catch fire, which may pose a risk of injury to the vehicle occupants and other road users”.

A statement from Holden said an alternator cable “may have been assembled so it makes contact with a steel bracket on the battery tray”.

Under certain driving conditions, Holden says, movement of the engine may cause the cable to rub through the insulation.

“This may cause a short circuit. If the short circuit creates sufficient heat, there is a risk that the cable insulation may melt or potentially catch fire,” the Holden statement said.

Holden says drivers of affected may notice a battery warning light on the instrument cluster or “in more serious cases a small amount of smoke may be emitted from the engine bay area”.

6. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Have a look under your bonnet. The Isuzus have a retaining clip to prevent this happening

Tink

7. Lovey

Lovey Active Member