Rear fold down seats in Prado & Pajero - althernative uses?

cameron

I now have 2 sets of rear fold down seats for both our old Pajero and our new Prado that are not likely to be used in the future. In the early days of the Pajero we used them regularly to carry kids, but they have now become surplus to requirements. I stripped them out to make more room for carrying gear and installing drawers and now they are simply taking up room in the shed.
Has anyone come up with ideas for making use of such seats for other purposes or know whether they might be a market for them? I cannot imagine that I am the only one with surplus seats and was wondering what I should do with them. Throwing out a brand new set of Prado rear seats goes against the grain!

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
I still have kids so no help there. I can recommend calling up a few 4x4 repair shops and tell them you have Prado seats and you can have them for $x.

Davidman

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
I have also got a perfectly good set of seat, for the rear of the Pajero. If you come up with an answer, let me know. By the way, the holes in the top of the wheel arches where the seats attach are great for installing the support for the shelves or drawers.

Grey Ghost

Yeah GP wont let me take our 3rd row seats out.... yet! Just wait till she sees how good they look as camp chairs though!

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yeah GP wont let me take our 3rd row seats out.... yet! Just wait till she sees how good they look as camp chairs though!

Just been talkin to Macca about his!! Mine have to much dust, could make me sneeze and pass out.:rolleyes:

he's still in love with with his. (sob):(

I recckon a top idea!!:rolleyes:

teza h

Yeh! my Pradi ones are in the shed..... Maybe we could start up a charity or something n give em to the homeless people,they'd love em I recon.

Davidman

Great for the recline action when sitting around the fire after a few ales.....you'd never get up

Nickj

I have a few old double bus seats. I cut one in half and extended one to make a 3 seater for sitting outside under the verandah. No recline.

Nick

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
In the 90/95 series the centre and rear seats fold down to a bed. I use a 25mm foam over the top and have hard good night sleeps. Could be used as visitors bed

Grumpy

Make a bracket to fix them in 1 position and attach chains to them, they make a great verandah swing.

goldrush

We used to have a set of old Falcon bucket seats as workshop seats. Really comfortable. Might look at doing the same with the 3rd row seats from the Patrol when I take them out.

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Goldenthongs sells tickets for his front seats for prime viewing of the beach, every time he gets bogged in the sand!! :D:D:D

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
How many times have you seen me bogged? I think my secret is keeping the tyres on the rims.;););)

You'de be proud!!!! Carried my thongs all the way to the edge of that shity bog hole and did'nt put back on till I got home!;)

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
You'de be proud!!!! Carried my thongs all the way to the edge of that shity bog hole and did'nt put back on till I got home!;)

I bet the tyre guys would have been happy on remove, clean and replaced back on the rim. The mud stunk

Croozer

Just let ya boys argue over who's in the back. :mad: Ours came out after the first trip we did in the TI. :D