real leaf springs

mongrel_83

does any one know if the rear leafs out of a 98 model hilux will fit in the rear of a 92 hilux i have spoken to a few people about this but keep getting mixed answers even from parts stores so it really has me stuffed:eek:

Jarh73

Is there any reason you want to put in 98 springs?

Or you just need some new ones and have access to the 98 ones for the right price?

Cheers

Justin

mongrel_83

Is there any reason you want to put in 98 springs?

Or you just need some new ones and have access to the 98 ones for the right price?

Cheers

Justin

yeah a mate has some new ones sittin in his shed that he never got around to putting in so if they fit there mine its just that no one can give me a straight answer???

Jarh73

yeah a mate has some new ones sittin in his shed that he never got around to putting in so if they fit there mine its just that no one can give me a straight answer???

Time to get the tape measure out i think!

If you want to be 100% sure take out one of your existing springs and compare the two.

Cheers

Justin

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Measure your springs and the other and if they are the same lenght they should fit. Replace the u bolts when you do them

croozza

yes BUT he doesnt remember and has sold the car and bought a 200 series now

use a trolley jack and lift the vehicle up by the tow bar to let the springs go to full droop, then get the new spring and line it up with the old one and see if it is the same length.

mongrel_83

use a trolley jack and lift the vehicle up by the tow bar to let the springs go to full droop, then get the new spring and line it up with the old one and see if it is the same length.

good idea but i just got some extended shackles im gunna try and get them in tomorrow if i get any spare time at work