Real Camping.

brumbypt

Banned
The ROYAL AUTO magazine (RACV) asked a question about real camping..

this is my reply

Camping is not in a caravan park, camping doesnt have nightly fees, real camping is free, a small cleared section in the trees or shrubs, a place in the middle for a fire.
Real camping is putting up a tent (or swag etc), making dinner on the fire, then sitting around the camp fire telling tales or just sitting there watching the fire and enjoying the real surenity. The peace and quiet, and looking at the stars, you can easily count more than 6 stars in a flash on any clear night.
Real camping is waking up to the sunrise after listening to the wild life walking around during the night. Get the fire going and sitting the billy on the fire as it gets going. AS the others wake up and warm them selves by your fire.
The billy boils, you grab a stick to pull it out and pour a few cuppas then place it back in the fire to boil again.

Real camping is when there is nothing at your camp site when you get there, and nothing left when you leave..

Yep that is camping.

Peter,
iPad with IOS 7.0.4 using Tapatalk HD

Furkew

images

hiluxdriver

I also have an "optionals" list when camping.
footware - optional
showers - optional
vegetables - optional
shirt - optional

But I think you have it summed up pretty bloody well to be honest. Caravan park is not camping, it's sleeping in a tent, you can do it in your back yard. Caravan camping is camping for people who can't/won't camp.

richardlnsw

I also have an "optionals" list when camping.
footware - optional
showers - optional
vegetables - optional
shirt - optional

But I think you have it summed up pretty bloody well to be honest. Caravan park is not camping, it's sleeping in a tent, you can do it in your back yard. Caravan camping is camping for people who can't/won't camp.

Don't you mean GLAMPING:eek::eek: But at least with that they are teaching their kids to get out, pitch a tent and have fun, hopefully they show them the real world every now and then as well.:cool:

PJR NSW

Banned
Who's that old bugga?

G'day mate. Been a while since we caught up around a fire. Maybe this year ...

Gidaymate. Get your gear together and we will show them all how to REALLY camp. On a "little" CSR drive. Hows that grab ya??

Phil

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Camped out at Robinvale on 5000 acres a little while back now.
Made up lean-to with a couple of tarps. Pretty cold sleeping on the ground, no swags, so everyone fought to get sleeping bags close to fire.
Me I just jumped into back of truck on top of rabbits and covered myself with a tarp.
Rabbit fur mattress.

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0002.jpg