RC Colorado centre console fridge

Hi everyone!
I recently just bought a 2011 LTR Colorado and I was just wondering if anyone had ever changed the mounting for the handbrake and fit a fridge for a centre console (the Dometic CF 11 is the one I have my eye on: https://www.dometic.com/en-sg/sg/pr...ic-coolboxes/dometic-coolfreeze-cf-11-_-64071)
I am planning on making a weekend warrior style car with a beefy enough second battery and solar setup to leave the fridge running permanently.

Cheers,
SimpleJoe

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
They're a good little fridge, I have the Waeco branded Dometic CDF11, looks identical . . .
You'll just have to place it so the side ventilation grilles are open and you'll be fine.
There is probably enough gap between seats to have this, 235mm is the advertised width, but the grille part is slightly tapered inwards and about 230mm.

I saw a thread once here or other 4wd forum where a fella had hole sawed out where the drink holders are, and put some seal around, 2 x 600ml drink bottles fit in and seal snugly, keeping 2 bottles of water cold.
Might do this one day when I'm feeling adventurous.

You should be ok with it on a regular solar setup, the small size makes up for the often power hungry Waecos . . . as a fridge at least.
Mine is running since a Xmas day excursion yesterday, just hooked up to a SCA jump pack with 4amp charger powering it, and it is just on maintain stage trickling in power to the jump pack battery.
I have the 240v power supply somewhere in the shed, but just don't normally use it, however the house fridge is / was full of Xmas food for family feast, so the beer went in the little Waeco.

I bought mine online from an Oz ebay seller, couldn't find his link or shop just now when looking, but was Autoelecau.
Was a bit of a saga getting one read HERE, or my review in that thread (when I finally got mine) starts here on page 6, post 107.

Anaconda also usually have them, but look like out of stock ?
https://www.anacondastores.com/camp...dges/dometic-cdf-11-fridge-freezer/BP90028482
Pity if so as that's a decent price.

Petunia

Hi everyone!
I recently just bought a 2011 LTR Colorado and I was just wondering if anyone had ever changed the mounting for the handbrake and fit a fridge for a centre console (the Dometic CF 11 is the one I have my eye on: https://www.dometic.com/en-sg/sg/pr...ic-coolboxes/dometic-coolfreeze-cf-11-_-64071)
I am planning on making a weekend warrior style car with a beefy enough second battery and solar setup to leave the fridge running permanently.

Cheers,
SimpleJoe
Reading the link, rated power in is 2.2amp, or not much Sweet Fanny Adams in laymans terms. But hay, a beefy battery and solar will never hurt, ever, because once is never enough. :D

Cheers guys!
Yeahh I have recently just taken a graduate engineer role at a mine site and needed an upgrade from the old skyline (technically it is 4x4 ) and figured I will set this car up as a highway driver and weekend warrior, ideally with a jack on/off canopy setup. but I figured as the console is pretty small to start with I'd make it a bit more useful with a fridge (the plan is to have a larger one in the tray eventually anyway). So the solar setup (I can get my hands on some old house panels not sure if they are suitable yet but are most importantly free) and the battery was going to happen eventually anyway plus I am unsure how often it will be driven living on site.

But thanks for your replies, you don't happen to have pictures of this setup/link to forum post and an input on changing the handbrake location or is it as simple as drilling my own hole.

Cheers again,
SimpleJoe

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
So the solar setup (I can get my hands on some old house panels not sure if they are suitable yet but are most importantly free)

you don't happen to have pictures of this setup/link to forum post and an input on changing the handbrake location or is it as simple as drilling my own hole
Home solar panels, depends on output and solar controller used.
I have some old broken ones here (toughened glass shattered) and was going to set them up for 12v lighting under carports and around eaves at home .
The output for 2 of them is fine to setup and charge 2 x 12v batteries wired up 24v, then take feed of 12v batteries for power needs.

You'd have to look at your centre console area and work out if this can be done (easily).
Moving a handbrake seems like a lot of drama that could end up with a poorly working handbrake, I'd rather have the fridge on the back seat and stop when you need to open it and get a drink etc.
They are held down pretty well in the centre back seat with the simple centre lap belt, and works with lap sash by placing the lower part of the belt in the spot it slots into (under the lid at the back), so it can be used on a front seat or any of the 3 pax positions in the back.