Change background image

Ranger 2" suspension lift.

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by Neddysmith, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Neddysmith

Neddysmith Active Member

Hey Guys,

it sstarting to get to that tme of upgrading the suspension on my Ranger, looking for a 2" lift potentially a 3" in the front to even it out.

Previously i had RidePro in LN106 hilux and it performed fantastic, heaps of flex, handled fantastic and sat nice both loaded and unloaded.

I was thinking of going RidePro again, a quick ring around seems to be about $1700 for the full RidePro kit with pre assembled front struts and im happy to install it all myself.

What are some other options and prices? I have started looking into Ironman Foam Cell Pro, but so far the cheapest i can get that is just over 2K.

Experiences or other feedback appreciated.

2. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

what model ranger? PX?

3. Neddysmith

Neddysmith Active Member

Sorry yeah

PX1, 2012 Wildtrak

4. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

I think you will find most setups under the $2k mark will all be pretty similar, cant say i have really heard anyones experience with RidePro on a ranger but no doubt it would be fine. Worth having a look over at newranger.net, lots of information over there.
    If you want to go to the next level then id be looking at radflo/fox/king shocks.

Id also recommend sticking with 2" unless you want to do a heap more mods to do it properly eg diff drop, upper control arms and even then more likely to have CV issues etc.

Preassembled struts are the way to go, makes it an easy DIY job that will easily be done in a day. Worth having an extra set of hands for installing the leaf springs as they are heavy

LCV8VICTORIA and Spooner like this.
  5. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I agree with Luke , 2" is all you need ;)

LCV8VICTORIA likes this.
  6. Spooner

I put the TJM 2" lift and XGS shocks and springs into my BT50 (same car ) about 40 k ago , Couldn't be happier with the result and still working well.
    Its at the price point you are looking at , so worth considering .

mac_man_luke likes this.
  7. Neddysmith

Neddysmith Active Member

Thanks guys, think you're right with sticking with the 2" if its that involved at the front end.

Spooner likes this.
  8. Spooner

Any more mate and your looking at problems without other mods done 1st , its only money lol ;)

9. Cyberess

Cyberess Active Member

Similar to Spooner's setup, I have TJM and XGS shocks and springs with a 2" lift on a PX2 and running 265/75/16 tyres for just that little more lift, and I reckon that just on edge of legal, fuel economy still good, wheel travel is good -- IMO a recommended setup.

Spooner likes this.
  10. cam04

cam04 Well-Known Member

Ome shocks on my ranger with a ‘comfort’ lift. Kings springs front and 350 kg raised leaves on the rear. Has worked well.

11. idiomatically

idiomatically New Member

At the 2k mark I would also look at Outback Armour.

Spooner likes this.
  12. Hoyks

Hoyks Active Member

You don't want to jack the front end up much past 2" as the Ranger/BT does have a bit of a reputation for eating CV's.
    Lifting the back end can also induce a vibration from the tailshaft. I got away with it without centre bearing spacers, but I did the job myself and ensured the diff carrier didn't pull down on the tail shaft and put too much of an angle on it.

Mine was done on the cheap in that I have only replaced the springs, rear was done with 5000km on the clock and the front at around the 25000km mark, so the shocks weren't exactly worn out. Its about due for new shock adsorbers as now its just ticked over 105000km.

13. Spooner

Pretty much any brand around that price point will be similar , the main thing , I reckon anyway is to make sure you have finished adding stuff (weight) to the car 1st before you get the suspension setup done , makes it easier to get it right 1st time ;)

Mr Rum and Albynsw like this.