Radio Code

RDM

Hey all, is the brains trust able to tell me if the Radio in a 2000 GU would be equipped with a radio code? It's the one with a CD and Tape player (dont laugh) I can find no reference to it in the book other than a spot to write it down with "if applicable" in brackets. This leads me to think there isn't one but I really don't want to disconnect the battery and find out there is! I am going to replace the unit but that won't be for a few weeks so don't want to be without a radio untill then! Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thanks

Warby

If it's the stock stereo then I'd assume any Nissan dealership should be able to assist you with the code, based on your VIN (or just a standard code applicable to all of that model). If it's an aftermarket stereo, the manufacturer can typically do a reset (if you're able to take the unit to an authorised service centre) or provide you the code if you provide them with the serial number.

typhoeus

If you are wanting to replace the battery, use a set of jumper leads connected to another vehicle while you change out the battery. that will save your settings

RDM

Thanks for the replies. I need to disconnect the battery to do a bit of electrical work so I can't do the jumper lead trick unfortunately. It is the original radio so I might just disconnect and worry about the code if there is one when I come to it.

Ditch

Never had to enter a code for mine after disconnecting the battery. Stock stereo in a 2005 GU.

2002GU3

Just looked in the book, only problem will be - you'll have to reset the stations on the buttons, other than that all good.