Votes: 70 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • I've had better days

Votes: 59 40.7%

• Total voters

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I knew today was (RU OK day) so last night I rang a bloke I used to play golf with. He said his back is playing up, his cart broke down three weeks ago and he could not play because he can't walk. I told him I will book a cart, so today away we went. He told me he was a little down, actually was more than a little down, as was his wife and they were trying to work out why. He did tell me a while ago that his brother had shot and killed himself in a domestic, so I reckon that is of concern.
Anyway today, as we went around, he talked and talked about more recent problems in his family and I just listened, could not get a word in anyway. He texted me tonight to say he has booked a cart for next Tuesday and sounded like a kid in a lolly shop. So it's on again next week and I think paying for a cart is worth it.
What do I reckon?
Well don't tell a bloke "ring me if you need to talk", because he did not. I am glad I did see him today and I reckon I just have to make an effort.
Also my brother was diagnosed with the big C three weeks ago, in his brain, his lungs, his liver and has just completed radiation on his brain. My missus goes in tomorrow to check for repairs, because her heart pacemaker replacement last month was stuffed, one wire not working and looks like an operation coming up.
Apart from that I am doing good.
No, I really am, as all of this got me off my arse, gave up drinking six weeks ago, don't smoke, and other things, (because Doc got stuck into me) , however I reckon my stuff pales into insignificance.
Best part is that I have now got it all off my chest, so thanks for listening.:).
Yep, I am OK.:D.

jacnden

So true @Albynsw, we just lost our daughter, aged 37 after a losing battle with bowel cancer that had spread to her liver. A bit over 3 months from first pain in the tummy.
i have only now noticed your post. ime so sorry for your loss. cancer is such a terrible thing , ive lost close family to it, worse when they are so young.
there are a lot of good people on here if you need to talk

Spooner

Any day is a good day to ask someone if you are OK ,
I had a work mate ask me a while ago , out of the blue , took me by surprise .
To be honest I was a bit frazzle f&$@ed , just tired after 2 near 70hr weeks in a row and I was quite and not acting like normal.
It's good to know others are looking out for you.

ChallengeLee

All good here Lee.
How are you going?

Truth be known, not so good.
A little too much going on in my head.

Struggling with work and the workload, 3 years of stress has impacted too much on my health. Not to mention the anxiety that has crept up on me.
Turns out, lm not such a competent leader and with that my confidence and self esteem has gone to crap.
Where to from here, time will tell in the coming weeks.
The headspace will get clearer, l know myself, but l really haven't felt so crushed and disappointed in myself in a long while.
I will be ok but just not now

itlldoo

i hear you lee all i can offer at the moment mate is don't think to far ahead just deal with whats in front of you and the rest will sort it's self out, over thinking will compress the details and blind the light but the light is still there, thing will become clearer my friend we all question what , where and why, you started this thread back in 2013, 70 pages later it's still going and helps lots of us, leaders stumble and fall just like everyone else, the good ones keep getting up, that's what a good leader is mate and you do that every time you take too the keyboard to say how you feel and i thank you for that.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
G'day Lee, sounds like you are working to hard. Doing lots of good things , like running this thread, means you give a lot of yourself in helping others.
For what it's worth, you have helped me to jump some of my hurdles.
Just to let you know that I tell many of my family and friends about your work on this thread.
Keep well.
Cheers.

CruiserAd

Struggling with work and the workload, 3 years of stress has impacted too much on my health. Not to mention the anxiety that has crept up on me.
Turns out, lm not such a competent leader and with that my confidence and self esteem has gone to crap.
The headspace will get clearer, l know myself, but l really haven't felt so crushed and disappointed in myself in a long while.
If your as good at work as you are around here, theres no way i can see you're not a competent leader. Thats probably just someones uneducated opinion. Chin up and step back if you feel you have to. The most important person to you, is you!!

Albynsw

Lee I think the name of the game and what I tell my kids is being the best version of you, now that may mean that you will excel in some areas more than others which is fine as we are all different and play different roles in life.
Don’t beat yourself up over it, find your comfort zone and enjoy life rather than stressing over everything :)

billolga

Lee, I did a lot of training in my previous life (Working) & the training period was usually a couple of months for each & the first thing I told them was that three quarters through there training they would probably have a total stuff up or two.
I also mentioned I was not that interested in how they stuffed up but how they were going to get themselves out of it. (Usually a day or two off & they were fine).
The down days for them were often down days for me as well, but the good ones often came up with brilliant escapes that I never thought of.
Hang in there Lee, YOU & the others on here got me through my tough times.;)

ChallengeLee

Thank you for your thoughts and comments everyone they are appreciated.
I am stepping down from my current role and waiting for my meeting to discuss my options within our organisation. Very big decision, not taken lightly and comes with quite a lot of feelings.

I am proud of what l have achieved in my service in 3 years, in a position l had not held before and with very little training and l hope that it is not all in vain.

Blue_haired_man

Mate I know exactly how you feel, especially at the moment. But at the end of the day, take the time to look after yourself. Life will always keep on throwing all sorts of shit at you. It’s all too easy to get bogged down on what’s going wrong, but the hardest part is to keep on focusing on the positives.