• Yes

Votes: 70 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 11.1%
  • I've had better days

Votes: 58 40.3%

• Total voters

ChallengeLee

Have you or do you ask the question of your loved ones, friends, family or mates?

One of the things l have noticed about this forum over the many years is the mateship.

There have been many instances of help, comfort and support shown to members both online and behind the scenes, often we don't hear about it till after the fact but it has shone through and shows how even a community such as a forum can help just that little bit to keep us going.

I have created this thread to provide an opportunity to have a say...be it a rant, rave or general just getting it off your chest. It is about you and providing an outlet to clear your head and think a little clearer.

I'm game if you are?

https://www.ruokday.com/

No. I'm not - I have had some news today which should have
been good news but, because of the circumstances surrounding
it, was really bad news.

Life doesn't always go as we expect and people are not always
nice but that's all there is my friends and the only alternative of
which I'm aware is unpalatable.

MH

TheLocksmith

They say life is hard but watching death is harder.

If my cup ain't half full then I just go straight for the full carton of milk :) :) As long as it is half full? Won't drink out of anything half empty, not in my nature :)

Last edited:

Swaggie

No. I'm not - I have had some news today which should have
been good news but, because of the circumstances surrounding
it, was really bad news.

Life doesn't always go as we expect and people are not always
nice but that's all there is my friends and the only alternative of
which I'm aware is unpalatable.

MH

I sincerely hope it improves for you Mike... :);)

ChallengeLee

Today is a good day...help for myself and in filling many pages of an important form that l just cant get my head around is a small Godsend today.

Please please people, make sure you have an enduring/power of attorney form filled out for your future, you have no idea how it can make life difficult when you need to look after someone's welfare and you cant.

80lover96gxl

Today is a good day...help for myself and in filling many pages of an important form that l just cant get my head around is a small Godsend today.

Please please people, make sure you have an enduring/power of attorney form filled out for your future, you have no idea how it can make life difficult when you need to look after someone's welfare and you cant.
Thats good news for you Lee, glad to hear its starting to work out for you.

I'll need to take your advise on in the future regarding POA as im dealing with something similar with my mum,only in 2nd stage tho.
Keep ya chin up:):):)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

richardlnsw

If anyone needs to TALK about ANYTHING there are always the professional help lines.
Then there are always you mates on Earth as well.
Speaking from having gone through some extremely dark times and thoughts which went on for around 4 years (I just masked it well, I thought, the old "put on a smile etc").
In the end I had one person that I started talking to and although they didn't say too much it really was helpful. It saved me and I am not too sissy to talk about it:cool:
There is always someone who can help, even if it is only a tiny bit at a time.

Life is really good now.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Are you OK?"

A question we've been encouraged to ask but, I wonder, how many of us
really want to hear a negative answer? 'Cause if the answer is
negative it puts some responsibility upon us to pick up from where we
started, we can hardly say "Oh, sorry about that mate but I have to go
and pick up the kids now", can we? Yet how many of us actually *do*
spend the time to say "I'm sorry to hear that mate, can I help in any
way" or "Tell me why you're feeling low"?

You may be surprised at how helpful and supportive it can be to
simply sit quietly and listen, *really* listen, to someone for ten
minutes - keep your mouth closed and just let them say what they need
to and make appropriate nods and "Emmm" noises at the right times.
You don't have to offer solutions (you probably don't have any) you
just need to be their friend for a few minutes - it ain't hard - it
just means focussing on someone other than yourself for a while.

I'm really big on men expressing their feelings - I trained and worked
as a relationship counsellor many years ago - and one of the worst
things we do, as men, is to bottle everything up and be "STRONG!". My
father would ask me "Are you a man or a mouse?". Well... generally
I'm a man and a fairly resilient one too but tonight I'm a bit of a
mouse 'cause it's been a tough day emotionally and a number of "bad
things" have happened but they will pass and life will be good again.
But there is *nothing wrong* with being sad sometimes, it is a normal
aspect of life and if we cannot know sadness then how can we know
happiness? Life must always be in balance.

Don't simply let this be a throw-away fashionable phrase "Are you
OK?" but follow it up to see if they really are.

Take care of self... and others....

Thanks Swaggie for your concern :)

MH

TheLocksmith

If you are not working, health care card, low income, hardship, victims of crime or suicidal etc you can get 6 psychological sessions for free to talk about what you are going through.

Suicidal has unlimited access.

Go to your GP to refer you for the better outcomes program.

After the 6 sessions your situation is reviewed and you may get 6 more ect.

Last edited:

Grumpy

MH I hope tomorrow is a totally different day and things turn around quickly for you and many others who's day was one they would sooner forget. I hope the sun shines brightly when you open the door tomorrow and you can feel the warth around you. Cheers

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Personally I believe that there is a lot of lip service given to those suffering either from a short term trauma or a long term mental illness by the authorities and let them try to sort it out themselves.

Talking to others even here on Earth can help to get it off your chest or indeed see a problem from a different perspective

My brother suffered for many years from, what I believe, a psychosis brought on by years of drug & alcohol abuse. My parents, his wife and children had to deal with this for years on end and indeed continued well after his first attempts at suicide and was promised help.

Well last year he was taunted by a Police Officer, after being pulled over for doing nothing wrong, but had his car impounded because of an anomoly with his registration. The next day he tipped petrol over himself in the backyard but was talked down by attending Police and put into hospital, the next day he was released, again promised help, and then hung himself. This was a short time after my mum lost her husband, my father, so she had to then bury her son in a short space of time afterwards.

Please, if you need help, call Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline 13 11 14 and get help early as it will not fix itself.

Sorry for being heavy but feel it is very important to help my friends here on Earth

cheers

MH I hope tomorrow is a totally different day and things turn around quickly for you and many others who's day was one they would sooner forget. I hope the sun shines brightly when you open the door tomorrow and you can feel the warth around you. Cheers
Thank you Grumpy - your thoughts are appreciated :)

Sadly it is not always possible to "make things OK" - sometimes
bad things happen and we have to deal with them, that is simply
part of life.

What is important, I think, is that we (as men) feel able to talk
about this, to say that we are sad, unhappy, to feel able to shed
a tear and it's *really* good if we have a mate who'll say "Tell
me what's troubling you Bruce?" and he'll just listen to us having
a rant - 'cause a rant is good!

Take care of self people....

MH

ChallengeLee

Thank you everybody for your informative and heart felt responses.
Every and any little bit of support is a step in the right direction for someone.

Sent from my smartphone via tapatalk and the wonder of blondness :0)

richardlnsw

Well I will put this out there now, if any fellow Earthers, and I mean ANY, ever need to talk about anything what so ever, just send me a PM and I will send you my phone number and we can have a "yarn". Having been through some pretty scary stuff I know that having a chat, even with someone you don't know can help a shit load more than you think. If you don't feel that it has helped than you haven't lost anything by trying, have you.

Cheers
Richard.:D

richardlnsw

And one more thing, if anyone is feeling a bit shy, silly or embarrassed to talk about anything, before Lee started this thread only 2 people ever know of what I was going through all that time, and now I am airing some of it on here, and it still feels good.
Never be too embarrassed to say, "got a minute for a chat" to someone.

Have a good day all.:)

Grumpy

I am sure this thread will be of considerable help to those willing to take the next step and ask for help.

Well I will put this out there now, if any fellow Earthers, and I mean ANY, ever need to talk about anything what so ever, just send me a PM and I will send you my phone number and we can have a "yarn"
And I'll make the same offer - give me a week or so 'cause
I'm a little delicate myself right now but that will pass.

I'll not judge you and I'll not try to tell you what to do.

MH