Quit Smoking Using Champix

Pure Yobbo

Hi All,

Well after 17 years of smoking and about 10 times of trying to give up this is my best effort yet. :):):)

For all that have been away with me I used to smoke a pack a day easy as.........

I am 3 days without a smoke still drinking lots and lots and have managed to resist the urge.

I have to say as I tell everyone.

I am "A DONKEY ON THE EDGE" but doing well.

I am 154 days off my new number plates.

Cheers

Gunna

Well done Yobbo :cool::cool: I quit about 16 months ago cold turkey:eek::eek: it's best thing I ever did and now smoking is just a distant memory
keep up the good work :):)

Croozer

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Tried it once before Yobbo and it nearly killed me and all the people in the bar I was managing one night. It wont be long for me. Once Elise and I get our new place I think we will both quit.
Good luck bud.

ChallengeLee

Ohh good luck Yobbo, can't be an easy thing...would be a little bit like me trying to give up that 3 letter word:eek::p......hope you don't mind if l just keep a clear berth for a little while....you'll be off the ledge before Mayday won't you????;)

Pure Yobbo

Ohh good luck Yobbo, can't be an easy thing...would be a little bit like me trying to give up that 3 letter word:eek::p......hope you don't mind if l just keep a clear berth for a little while....you'll be off the ledge before Mayday won't you????;)

I'm Handling It Well Just Don't Ask My Wife........... :D:D:D:D

Grumpy

Yobbo your on the right track, with the help of Champix I found it Easy, mind u still get the urge to have one but so far no probs even on the grog, it's been 10 months now, keep thinking positive mate.

Last edited:

Brisey

Good on ya, I've been off the smokes since Easter 1990 & is the best thing I ever did apart from buying the 4x4. One thing I found that helps is to reward yourself with buying something regularly with the money you save. You'll be surprised how much that can help but it can be nearly as addictive as smoking.

My wife bought a new Mazda MX5 when she gave up & she knows that if she takes up smoking again the car goes, it's been 5 years now & she still has the car :)

A good support network helps too. Even if you post up here at difficult times I'm sure there will be someone online that can give you some comfort.

Keep it up mate

Cheers

Bri

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
Good on ya Yobbo imagine what it'll be like to taste and smell again.

Probably get rid of that xxxx Sh@t and start drinking Victorian beer

Never smoked but a mate reckons it is the toughest thing to do, he has tried four times in the past ten years Good luck

4X4

Best of luck Yobbo. A mate of mine give up and put what he spent on smokes away each week. He was amazed, before long at his little nest egg.

centaur

Hi All,

Well after 17 years of smoking and about 10 times of trying to give up this is my best effort yet. :):):)
For all that have been away with me I used to smoke a pack a day easy as.........
I am 3 days without a smoke still drinking lots and lots and have managed to resist the urge.
Cheers

Well Pure Yobbo, I wish you the best of luck, and I will be watching here with great interest to see how well you have faired. After my little health scare,:eek: I have had it rammed into me that I have to give up as well.:eek: With my temprament, it is wise that I use an aid, and this has been mentioned to me by my doctor. It is something I am seriously considering.

Mate, keep us posted on how you are going. Wether you make it or dont, they say each time you try, it makes it that little bit easier next time. Just one day at a time, mate. I have been smoking for 26 years, and a heavy smoker, so it will be a bit of a challenge, nothing like a csare to get one motivated.:eek::eek:

Best of luck, mate. :):):)

knot_gillty

Good kuck!! I'll be watchin!!

Yeah, good KUCK mate!! Why not just put em down and dont pick em up again??!! Easy for me to say though, i've never smoked!!

Tell you what. If you're still smoking at Middle Earth we will take your pootrol off you and you can walk home!! That might get you thinking... or not.

good on ya hard job but you are inspiring others wayno reckons champix sent me mad hes still smoking and i am working with the lozengers and whats wrong with xxxx gold good queensland beer there no place like home:):D spelling mistake

Pure Yobbo

Well day four still havn't had one. Had a rather large Sunday session yesterday and didn't have one - but I was telling all the smokers to piss off they stank :D:D:D

Drugs work well other than the fact they make you feel a little sick in the mornings.

You are meant to take the tablets for two weeks and then set a date and stop smoking. I was actually away onsite working when it was my time so I went a few days extra before a I stopped.

I think the hardest part is you will suddenly remember when you are doing something you would normally be having a smoke. ie driving, talking on the phone.

Other than that my advise is accept the mentoring and do everthing they tell you to do.

Cheers

Last edited:

Grey Ghost

Good luck and stay strong, I'm saying that from the position of one who has been known to get his family seriously worried about my mental health and stability each time I have tried so far.

Grumpy

Your going well Yobbo, the longer u go without one and especially if u can get through a drinking session without one means your well on the way and the longer u go without one sets u up for giving them up all together cos then u dont want to go back smoking again, keep it up Yobbo.

Grey Ghost

And a thought to help with the mind games you are no doubt playing with your self......
What ARE you giving up, cigarettes? the cause of lack of breath, low fitness, possible other dieseases? Sounds like a lot to "give up" to me.

Pure Yobbo

Probably the worst day today I reakon. You start to think I will just have one one won't hurt. I didn't have one tomorrow will be a whole week without a smoke.

Grumpy as though poor wife is hidong somewhere and the dog well........

Poor boss today tried to chip me on some trivial piece of paperwork - wasn't a good move on his behalf :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Grey Ghost

Oh yeah and the courts will let you off on homicide charges for the first week or two as well I hear! :D

Grumpy

Buy yourself a tin of Eclipse mints or something similar, at first used to go through a tin every 3 days but now a tin lasts about a month and helps a lot in the early days. Taste good too.