Change background image

quick release awning

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by jacnden, Oct 8, 2018.

1. jacnden

jacnden Well-Known Member

2. red hilux

red hilux Well-Known Member

That’s so funny.

A Russian friend sent that to you but not many knew about it.

Made, designed here by Ironman

boobook likes this.
  3. jacnden

??
    ime on a couple of russian forum and bought some kings awning walls for this fellow and sent them to russia. cheaper than him buying locally
    now hes asking about this, i cant find it online.
    am i missing something?

4. Crashtastic

Crashtastic Member

Jacnden, Red was just commenting on the irony. They're made by Ironman, an Australian owned and run company.

It's ironic that you'd hear about it from Russia and not many people here have heard of it

5. red hilux

Thanks crash

6. jacnden

all good, very hard to read irony into text :)
    still hasnt helped me find a link to this quick release, which looks like a good idea

7. peterfermtech

peterfermtech Well-Known Member

Bloody Hell! Ironman has stole my idea except I use 15 and 20mm square tube and a thumbscrew. Don't find much need for an awning around town and have different rooftop setups so simple to change.
    Have you tried contacting Ironman as the picture is on their Instagram page.
    regards

jacnden likes this.
  8. red hilux

that explains why its sold in russia and not here. you may want to sue stealing for your idea lol

peterfermtech and jacnden like this.
  9. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Members have talked about something like this in the past...Not a bad idea...

10. Triton14

Triton14 Active Member

Ironman stole my idea :(
    This is how I made mine a few years ago but I use it with my tent so I can drop it off the vehicle so I can still drive around.

The only mod I have made since then is I replaced the single L bracket from the rack to the awning with a double for added strength.
    20160906_100825_1474889811217_resized.jpg 20160906_101210_1474889817312_resized.jpg D shackle.jpg
    Removed from rack.jpg Free standing.jpg

Bomber2012 and dno67 like this.