Change background image

Questions on Ningaloo Station

Discussion in 'Camping Areas' started by SeaJay, Sep 16, 2018 at 10:18 AM.

1. SeaJay

SeaJay Active Member

for thoes that have been there, of the 4 camps what was the best? also what setup do you need to pump water from the bore, and can you pump direct into a caravan tank?
    Cheers

2. Aaron Schubert

Aaron Schubert Moderator

Hey mate,

We stayed at Winderbandi - nice spot, although access out with a boat is a real pain in the backside when its anywhere near low tide - very, very close to the surface coral.

I would ring Phil, or email him - my understanding is the bore is only accessible if you know someone in that camp ground that will let you in. I was told people just use a bilge pump - I can't see why you couldn't pump it straight into the van, with the right filters perhaps.

We found Phil extremely helpful and easy going - he should be able to sort ya out

Aaron

Ziggy likes this.
  3. SeaJay

SeaJay Active Member

thanks Aaron, we contacted the station and are booked in, aparently the water is 2 to 3 meters down, we bought a bilge pump in Karratha and set it up to attach to the caravan water hose that goes thru a b.e.s.t. filter
    20180917_173249.jpg

Aaron Schubert and mac_man_luke like this.
  4. peterfermtech

peterfermtech Well-Known Member

The pump set up looks great but I would be checking that you you can pump up 3-4 metres with the filter as bilge pumps aren't designed for pressure (head).
    regards