Change background image

QLD National Park camping suggestions?

Discussion in 'Camping Areas' started by Robbie_P, Oct 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Robbie_P

Robbie_P Member

Hi All,

Since got the new 4x4 we have been doing alot of camping in the QLD National PArk.

The last 3 weekends we have done:

Neurum Camping area (D'Aguliar NP)
    Archer Camping area (D'Aguliar NP)
    Green Mountains Camping area (Lamington NP)

We have also booked the Settlement in Springbrook NP.

Are there any other really cool camping suggestions?

Thanks,
    Robbie

2. Richard Krenn

Richard Krenn New Member

Peach Trees is really nice. Charlie Moorland is popular and busy but near some waterfalls and nice hikes.

3. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

Head down into the Border Ranges area, there are many option down there, a favourite is Sheepstation Ck (Border Ranges Nat Pk).
    There are many parks in northern NSW too that have basic bush camping, many hidden away like forests around the Boonoo area.
    Plenty of private campgrounds with reasonable cost, Bigriggen and others down along The Lions Rd.

4. Robbie_P

Robbie_P Member

Spent the weekend at Peach Trees, really enjoyed it!

5. Les PK Ranger

Last weekend I went to Sundown NP, had visited and camped its nearby 'sister park' Girraween NP before.
    Sundown is pretty neat, the eastern area into Burrows Waterhole etc has some good 4WD tracks that are (edit) UNmaintained and some could even cause serious damage if you weren't on the ball.

Will be going back next year in the cooler months, as our trip was cut short by an unexpected "event".
    Let's just say if you go bushwalking in there, wear decent gaiters and keep your eyes open !!

skinner_stanthorpe_2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  6. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Ouch. What snake?
    Tink

7. Les PK Ranger

Didn't see it but suspect RBBS, myotoxins only thankfully and not pre synaptic neurotoxin as found in other species in the area.
    Overall was pretty ok experience, almost everything went by the book perfectly.
    After one night in Warwick Hospital, was released and back to camp for at least the one night in the bush before heading back to suburbia.

8. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it wasn’t serious. Gotta love Warwick hospital, know it well. Let me know if you are going again. It is one of my fav spots.
    Tink

9. Les PK Ranger

Sure, expect we'll leave it until after the worst of summer has passed.
    I'm back in Adelaide now, drove home Thurs / Fri, but driving back up in a few weeks.