Qbw

discomatt

Hi all, I haven't got anything planned yet but was wondering if there are any trips planned that the misses and I could join at the last minute.

Looking for a bush camping trip with access for a off road camper and some good medium to hard 4wding during the day to keep us entertained:D

PM me or post reply if there are any free spots out there

Cheers Matt

PK Kitchens

I'm doing one through the high country. Starting at Walhalla and finishing at big river.
It's a rolling camp so not camper van friendly. And we are leaving Thursday morning.

PK

Matt,

A couple of us or so are heading to walhalla area, might camp at otooles & do day trips. It would be good to catch up if you want to do some tracks.
Can let you know more as I know it, just planning as we were doing border track, but it's pretty closed.

Anth.

Last edited:

Croozer

Matt,

A couple of us or so are heading to walhalla area, might camp at otooles & do day trips. It would be good to catch up if you want to do some tracks.
Can let you know more as I know it, just planning as we were doing border track, but it's pretty closed.

Anth.

Hey Anth, if you camp at O'Tooles check out the gazebo mate. There has been a report that fools have tried to nearly burn it down with the fire place overloaded! :mad:

PK Kitchens

Matt,

Anth.

Digger and lil are camping at otools as well.

You guys are still welcome to join us on our high country trip.
We all had organised to have the Thursday and Friday off from work so we are taking advantage and still leaving Thursday.

Same as us, we might hold off till Friday, will c how the weather is.
Was just thinking of base camping so others can come for day trips, you know softies recon it's too cold.
Lets see who's interested, we might just join you yet.......
What's you trip rating?

Digger1982

Few of us are heading to O Tooles Friday. Hopefully might see few other earth members up there too. Croozer I hope what your saying is wrong that gazebo is a great achievement by 4x4 earth members and very handy especially with rain forecast for the weekend. Wouldn't be surprised with the amount of Dickheads out in the bush lately if what ur saying has some truth about it. Seems like more and more people wrecking the bush and not doing us people who love the bush any favors. Something has to be done about these fools.

Hey Anth, if you camp at O'Tooles check out the gazebo mate. There has been a report that fools have tried to nearly burn it down with the fire place overloaded! :mad:

I hope not. Which leads me to think I hope there's not of many tools at otooles this week.

discomatt

found a trip to join:D
will see anyone at O Tools and hopefully the place will be intact.
at least over this weekend there will be a few earth members floating around to stop any dicks from destroying all the hard work done up there:(:confused::D

Last edited:
Few of us are heading to O Tooles Friday. Hopefully might see few other earth members up there too. Croozer I hope what your saying is wrong that gazebo is a great achievement by 4x4 earth members and very handy especially with rain forecast for the weekend. Wouldn't be surprised with the amount of Dickheads out in the bush lately if what ur saying has some truth about it. Seems like more and more people wrecking the bush and not doing us people who love the bush any favors. Something has to be done about these fools.

Looks like we will see you guys Friday.
What time do you think you will be there?

discomatt

found a trip to join :D
will see anyone at O Tools and hopefully the place will be intact.
at least over this weekend there will be a few earth members floating around to stop any dicks from destroying all the hard work done up there:(:confused::D

Digger1982

Looks like we will see you guys Friday.
What time do you think you will be there?

Yep for sure buddy, we will probably be there around 7pm. Paul Patrol is first one getting up there and will be there either Thursday arvo or Friday morning. There is probably 8-10 cars with our group! What time you heading up. Many coming up with you guys?

Croozer

I think Patriot just posted up Nicho's photos on Earth facebook! :mad:

Attachments

• 10329027_10204143389930799_2925179725042276001_n.jpg
    10329027_10204143389930799_2925179725042276001_n.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 85

PK Kitchens

Same as us, we might hold off till Friday, will c how the weather is.
Was just thinking of base camping so others can come for day trips, you know softies recon it's too cold.
Lets see who's interested, we might just join you yet.......
What's you trip rating?

Hey, it's ganna me a solid med trip with a few hard bits thrown in. ( Barkley river jeep trk ). If it's really wet then everything will be hardish with a few bits of insane thrown in. :). Really looking forward to it.

I'm sure digger will be running a good trip around the local area as well.
PK

Yep for sure buddy, we will probably be there around 7pm. Paul Patrol is first one getting up there and will be there either Thursday arvo or Friday morning. There is probably 8-10 cars with our group! What time you heading up. Many coming up with you guys?

We will probably be in by Thursday arvo.
What time is Dave getting in do you think? If its Thursday?
For us its Late notice really, so just 2 of us then, but some others maybe for sat & sun or a day trip sat or sun. Just swags.

Digger1982

We will probably be in by Thursday arvo.
What time is Dave getting in do you think? If its Thursday?
For us its Late notice really, so just 2 of us then, but some others maybe for sat & sun or a day trip sat or sun. Just swags.

I think Dave was saying if he goes up Thursday it would be later at night. Well guess we will see you guys Friday. Should be some challenging driving if it rains as Pk said will be good fun. Be good to see everyone and catch up for a drink and a laugh. :)

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
whats the easiest way in with a camper trailer

Hi Matt, usual approach, down Merringtons, at the intersection folow the main track left to the junction, down to the river and cross it 'twice' onto Junction Tk, up the hill then right onto Donelly's Ck till you hit O'Tooles. Note: at the junction if you only do the 1st crossing and then go up the hill you're on Williamson Spur which means going down Flat's - bad for camper :).

If lot's of water around (thinking of your trip with Al and Dutchy crossing the river and floating), instead of Merringtons you go all the way to the start of Donelly's Ck off the main Walhalla road, river crossings from here are tamer. Longer way in but no difference in track conditions usually.

Last edited: