Problem with 1KZ Hilux

Hey All, in a bit of a pickle, my 2001 Extra Cab TD Hilux (1KZ i'm pretty sure) just stopped working, I was driving it on my land with my father, I wen't through a little mud bog to get to the place i needed to be and it was fine, then on the way back through the bog engine just cut out, No warning no bangs no weird sounds just stopped. I first though it was water ingestion but after inspecting everything seemed to be water tight (Checked Snorkel, Air box, Engine and Turbo) in fact there was no water or mud in the engine bay.

We tried to restart the engine and it turns over and runs on its own power for about 3 seconds, you can hear the turbo spool up and all, then it just stops, there is fresh diesel in the tank and the warning lights are off. I think it might be the fuel pump or the fuel filter (Checked everything i am comfortable checking, Air box, oil fuel tank etc. and everything seems to be in order) It conked out on a hill, is it possible scum in the tank has flown to the back of the tank and the fuel pump is now clogged? anyone on here that can give me some pointers? As it is just sitting out in the rain atm waiting to be fixed. Thanks

typhoeus

Have you tried disconnecting the fuel line in the engine bay and turning on the ignition? This will show if the fuel pump is pushing fuel up to the engine bay. Chech fuel pump fuses first.

Have you tried disconnecting the fuel line in the engine bay and turning on the ignition? This will show if the fuel pump is pushing fuel up to the engine bay. Chech fuel pump fuses first.
No, I will try tomorrow morning, it was pouring rain when it stopped so i didn't have time to check much stuff other that the condition of the engine bay and such, no oil or coolant in the engine bay so i think its fuel pump/fuel filter related, will check tomorrow. Thanks for reply

ECU emobliser? My car was doing the same thing
Start, run and stall
Mabye try another key if you have a spare
Could be anything tho but just give it a try lol

ECU emobliser? My car was doing the same thing
Start, run and stall
Mabye try another key if you have a spare
Could be anything tho but just give it a try lol
Had a mechanic come down, we used both keys still to now avail. He thought it was a fuel problem, fuel is making it to the filter and the low pressure pump but its stopping there, theres just not enough fuel getting into the engine to sustain it, so hes going to replace that, after we get it off our property which is a massive mud bog right now haha